Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Dish Anywhere" Question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I recently received an email from Dish promoting the "Dish Anywhere" website; I assumed this was a progression/upgrade from "Dish Online". I have a Sling Adapter and have never had any issues using the "Dish Online" site. I went to the new website and logged in; it looks to be a "Beta" version. When I click on "Live TV" a little window comes up telling me I could be watching my TV on my computer with a Sling Adapter and would I like to learn more? Well, I already have a Sling Adapter, so when I closed this window I expected the TV viewing interface to come up; instead it just takes me back to the website. Clicking on the "Learn More" button just explains the advantages of the Sling Adapter.

I'm not able to view live TV via my Sling Adapter on the "Dish Anywhere" website. Has anyone else accessed this location and encountered any issues?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I didn't get an email but I am like you with the sling adapter, so reading your thread start I decided to see what would happen as we actually have two adapters and will be taking the laptops with us on an upcoming vacation. I received that first message and opted to not learn more but clicked on my live tv. I had an upgrade plugin, I think it was and did that and it would be installed after FF restarts. Well, happy to say it ended up working fine for me.
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

worked fine for me just now

#4 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'm guessing (at least in my case) it doesn't work with Google Chrome. I don't really use Internet Explorer much anymore, but when I logged on there it came up and installed just fine.

Thank you for the feedback!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm guessing (at least in my case) it doesn't work with Google Chrome. I don't really use Internet Explorer much anymore, but when I logged on there it came up and installed just fine.

Thank you for the feedback!

Chrome is a compatible browser if not one of the recommended browsers.

#6 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi Chris, you should try again with the chrome but you will most likely need to upgrade the plug in. When I signed on on my Mac, it made me update and gave me Chrome with the new plug in. Please PM me if you are still having a problem. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#7 OFFLINE   Travisimo

Travisimo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I had this same problem after a Hopper with Sling install yesterday. I went to the website to try Dish Anywhere and it gave me the same message about having a Slingbox installed. I was able to get it working after a little trial and error. And while I am not absolutely certain what caused the problem at first, it was either one of two things that fixed it:

- Confirming that my receiver was connected to the Internet. My box has two Ethernet ports. When my cable was connected to one port, it kept on disconnecting periodically. After switching it to the other port, my receiver has been staying connected.

- I refreshed the page by right-clicking and choosing "Reload Page". After reloading the page, it gave me the message it was reconnected to my receiver and from that point on, I was able to watch TV. This was with Chrome on my Mac running Mountain Lion.

Not sure if that will help others, but I can at least confirm that the Dish Anywhere website is working with my new Hopper with Sling while on my Mac running Chrome on Mountain Lion.

#8 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

That Sling error is a site bug that's being worked.

#9 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Chrome is a compatible browser if not one of the recommended browsers.

Chrome is the worse browser ever. There's nothing to it.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#10 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

The site bug is that it doesn't always prompt for the slingplayer plugin. Until today, neither my Mac or Win8 box would play my recorded stuff off my DVR, today it prompted install the needed slingplayer and all is good.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#11 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

off topic but "what the what?"

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#12 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, Chrome is the worst browser, other than all the others. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...