Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Updating External Hard Drive: Enclosure Question

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,876 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

See, told you it was quiet ;)

Doh! on me though.

Easy mistake to make. Those Vantacs are only ~ $25! Found that a bit surprising. If I didn't have so many extra TT docks, I'd buy one. Might buy one just for the halibut.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Assuming you bought the enclosure from Amazon, how do you make a link to them? For about 6 months I haven't been able to do that because I get a line across the top of the page that says I bought this item and gives me the option to buy it again or something like that and when I preview the post the link shows my sign in page at Amazon. Must be a setting on Amazon, but I can't find it.

Rich

I don't know if this is the same for poster you quoted, but when I make links from Amazon I just copy the link shown on the address bar of my browser. No setting was changed.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#43 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,876 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I don't know if this is the same for poster you quoted, but when I make links from Amazon I just copy the link shown on the address bar of my browser. No setting was changed.

I think I've solved my problem, awaiting a PM to confirm it. I do think you're right.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...