Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Customer Service and Retention Useless....

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sega_102

sega_102

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

After 3.5 years, bye bye dish.

I called Dish on Thursday and told them I was thinking about getting Direct TV and wanted to know if they had a similar deal.

I was offered a hopper with sling and 2 joeys for a little bit more than I am paying now. No upfront fees.... I called back about an hour later to confirm I would be getting the hopper with sling and was told I would.

Fast forward to today. The installer came and did about 30 minutes worth of work. He then went to get the Hopper and told me that the work order said it was just a hopper. He called Dish and they said the Hopper with Sling would be 200 dollars extra. I said no, they transfered me to Retention who told me they'd knock 100 dollars off the price. I still said no and they immediately canceled the work order. The poor installer didn't even get paid for the time he spent here.

I was going to sign a 2 year contract worth almost 2000 dollars and Dish wanted to argue with about 100 dollars.... What terrible customer service.

I guess I'll be calling DirecTV this week and calling Dish for the final time early this week.

Edit --

To clarify, I did not speak with the DIRT team. I got them confused. I spoke with Customer Retention.

Edited by sega_102, 26 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

sh!t happening all times with all companies ... beware !

#3 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yep call Directv. Welcome aboard.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#4 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yep, call DirecTV, but keep in mind they are no better or worse with existing customers in general. Both have issues that keep popping up.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#5 OFFLINE   Bradrlz

Bradrlz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Agree Dish CSR are a complete waste

#6 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

OR - you left the deal over just $100. Sometimes we stop thinking and just react. Looking at it when not in the situation, and because I do my homework, I would pay the $100 because that's how much better I like the Dish system and packages.

And beyond that, not sure I can believe your post, first it's your only post here, but more than that I have never heard of being "Transferred" to DIRT...

#7 OFFLINE   sega_102

sega_102

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

How am I losing anything? I'll be just as happy with DirecTV and the 2 year price is about the same.

And they asked me if I wanted transfered to retention because they couldn't do anything. I said yes. The installer was standing right there with me, but he couldn't do anything of course.

The main reason I wanted to stay with Dish is the 30 second skip. I like it better than D*'s but I just found out that I could change the 30 second skid to 30 second skip with DirecTV with a simple command.

#8 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

How am I losing anything? I'll be just as happy with DirecTV and the 2 year price is about the same.

And they asked me if I wanted transfered to retention because they couldn't do anything. I said yes. The installer was standing right there with me, but he couldn't do anything of course.

The main reason I wanted to stay with Dish is the 30 second skip. I like it better than D*'s but I just found out that I could change the 30 second skid to 30 second skip with DirecTV with a simple command.

Yep, Sorry too much BS comes with Dish service.

I'll take a slightly worst HD DVR, and Stable programming anyday of the week.;)
  • RG6-Q likes this

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

G15 Internet

#9 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I fail to see how DIRT is involved with them as they are an Internet Response Team on this forum and are not an actual department you can speak to nor be transferred to over the phone.

I also fail to see how a contract thats worth 200$ is suddenly worth 2000$ (as you put it).
Even with all the equipment value tallied up its no where near 2 grand.

#10 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I also fail to see how a contract thats worth 200$ is suddenly worth 2000$ (as you put it).

Really?
What does Dish all of a sudden provide free monthly programming now?:rolleyes:

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

G15 Internet

#11 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience but don't be surprised if you end up in the same boat when you want to upgrade with D* next time. And don't confuse retention department with DiRT who I believe are Internet focused resources. I will say though that my experience with E*'s CSRs and definitely the DiRT people here have always been much better than most other companies, but of course I'm better educated than many people about a lot of this stuff thanks to this forum

#12 OFFLINE   sega_102

sega_102

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I fail to see how DIRT is involved with them as they are an Internet Response Team on this forum and are not an actual department you can speak to nor be transferred to over the phone.

Let's see $85 per month x 24 month contract = $2040. I know this isn't complete profit, but it's much more profit than $0 they will get when I switch.

The bottom line is, I was promised something, The technician showed up to my door with something else, and dish wouldn't resolve the issue.

#13 OFFLINE   sega_102

sega_102

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience but don't be surprised if you end up in the same boat when you want to upgrade with D* next time. And don't confuse retention department with DiRT who I believe are Internet focused resources. I will say though that my experience with E*'s CSRs and definitely the DiRT people here have always been much better than most other companies, but of course I'm better educated than many people about a lot of this stuff thanks to this forum

I've had no problem with the up to this point. I even used Dish Mover with 0 problems.

#14 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Really?
What does Dish all of a sudden provide free monthly programming now?:rolleyes:

Fair enough :lol:

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,220 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Let's see $85 per month x 24 month contract = $2040. I know this isn't complete profit, but it's much more profit than $0 they will get when I switch.

On average DISH normally clears around $5 per month per subscriber. Sure, you cost them money by cancelling the install after some work was completed - but the profit is more like $120 ... and they only make that if you stay the full two years (hence the penalty for early termination).

The bottom line is, I was promised something, The technician showed up to my door with something else, and dish wouldn't resolve the issue.

I'm sorry you were disappointed. I hope you enjoy your service with whatever provider you end up using.

#16 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

AllStar

• DISH Representative
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hi, I am very sorry for the issue that you have experienced with our service. I can understand how frustrating this is for you. I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to assist you. Can you please send me a PM with your account number or phone number on the account? Thanks!
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#17 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

On average DISH normally clears around $5 per month per subscriber. Sure, you cost them money by cancelling the install after some work was completed - but the profit is more like $120 ... and they only make that if you stay the full two years (hence the penalty for early termination).

Sorry don't buy that! Back up that statement.:nono:

Dish wanted me too pay $212 on a 2 hopper 4 joey system including tax.
For the pack I wanted, and monthly fees Total price per month was $169
OK first 3 months was only discounted $75 (30 in rebates and 45 in premium rebates)
Then From Month 4-12 it cost me $140 per month

Month 13-24 $169 per month

So out of total programming and upfront fees of $3800 if I full fill my contract
Dish only makes $120. :hurah::hurah:

Even if I canceled after the first month, they would have still gotton the $212 I paid upfront and gotton all their receivers back as well as the $480 ETF
that $692 for sending out a tech dropping a dish and some coax.:rolleyes:

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

G15 Internet

#18 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Fair enough :lol:

Just saying. :lol::D

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

G15 Internet

#19 OFFLINE   sega_102

sega_102

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hi, I am very sorry for the issue that you have experienced with our service. I can understand how frustrating this is for you. I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to assist you. Can you please send me a PM with your account number or phone number on the account? Thanks!

I sent you a PM .

#20 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yep, call DirecTV, but keep in mind they are no better or worse with existing customers in general. Both have issues that keep popping up.

Welcome back!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...