Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Transfer App with Original Hopper + Sling Adapter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Any chance that firmware/software changes will allow me to use the new Hopper Transfer App with my original Hopper and Sling Adapter setup? I've had my Hopper and Sling Adapter for just a few months and would like the enhanced capability available with the transfer app for my iPad. BTW, the Sling Adapter does a great job when a Hot Spot is available.

Anybody know if a hardware update is required to give me the capability to save content on my iPad or will Dish be able to make it happen with my current system (even eventually).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi, I do understand about wanting to have access to the ipad transfer feature of the Sling loaded Hopper but this feature is only available on the Sling Loaded Hopper.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I know the Transfer App only works with the new Hopper... just want to know if it's a hardware issue or a business decision to make the app incompatible with three month old Hoppers/Sling Adapters.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Who will spend time to support old devices ? They barely catching new boxes and necessary updates like DRM support, restrictions and such

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I know the Transfer App only works with the new Hopper... just want to know if it's a hardware issue or a business decision to make the app incompatible with three month old Hoppers/Sling Adapters.

Hardware limitations and the HWSs chipset can support it.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,011 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Never say never... those who have said "never" have come to regret it more than once.

But... that said... I would kind of be surprised now if Dish goes back and adds that support for the Sling adapter on older Hoppers.

I can't think of any technical reason why it can't be possible, though... sure, the new Hopper w/ Sling is supposed to have a faster CPU... but we had some really old Dish receivers that supported transfer to those Archos devices... so I can't believe a Hopper with a Sling Adapter "can't" do it... but I can believe Dish will perhaps not enable it.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

spam firewall