Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Go with Hr34 and clients or go with HR24,s ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gofastr

Gofastr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

We will be moving into our new house in March. With all the problems being reported here regarding the
Genie and c31,s I,m not sure if I,d be better off using all HR24,s?
I would like to be able to watch recorded shows from any one of 4 locations within the house.
What's the best way to go to have a reliable dvr.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,084 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I have the HR34 and three C31's and if was me I'd go with the HR34 and a HR24 at the two locations used the most and C31's at the other spots. I haven't seen all the lockup's and blank screen issues others have reported but YYMV.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   p3pilot

p3pilot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

When I upgraded to the HR-34, I kept all my DRV's (HR24, HR22, HR21) and replaced the H receiver with a C-31. To me the advantage of the C-31 is that I can manage the recordings (more than just deleting them) from the HR-34 with it, so I don't have to be sitting in front of it like I do with the HR-2X's.

My Complete Setup

HR34-700, HR21-100, HR22-100, HR24-200, and C31-700

Protected By... spam firewall...And...