Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

DBSTalk Exclusive Second Look: HR44-500 Genie

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

The difference between a c31 and a c41 is the remote. The 41 has a new style remote that uses a different kind of rf if you use rf. if you use ir then you could still order and get the newer remote style for the c31 if you wanted. Some people prefer the older remote anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,709 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Another point: With whole home using DECA, your router can melt down and you'll still be able to network your TVs. As to affecting internet speed (when it's not a puddle on the desk!) no more than any other device. If you do heavy VODs you might notice a speed hit, but then you'd schedule those for later at night. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#83 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 412 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

The difference between a c31 and a c41 is the remote. The 41 has a new style remote that uses a different kind of rf if you use rf. if you use ir then you could still order and get the newer remote style for the c31 if you wanted. Some people prefer the older remote anyway.

I think the difference between C31 and C41 is more than just the remote. I believe the C41 offers wireless and also has external power supply.

#84 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I think the difference between C31 and C41 is more than just the remote. I believe the C41 offers wireless and also has external power supply.

Actually, the C41-700 is similar to the C31-700.  They're both wired clients with external power supplies.  Only the C41W-100 is wireless.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#85 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,996 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

The C41 is a wired client and has been out for a while.

Another version which is wireless is the C41W.  Just coming out now.

http://www.dbstalk.c...o-bridge/page-1

#86 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 412 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks guys, that clears up the confusion for me. So what is the difference between C31-700 and C41-700?

#87 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Well I have a c31, a c41 and a c41w. So I know the differences.. :)

Wireless is on the c41w which is the latest unit released and is not what we where talking about. All three use the same outboards power supply.

The c31 is the old remote, the others andallfuture will be the new remote.

And the w,is well wireless. The differences between the c41 and the c41w is the wireless, but also the wireless unit is a little bigger and does not have a coax connector on it at all.

However, the functionality is identical on all three units other than the new remote that also uses a different kind of rf.
  • Cavicchi likes this

#88 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 412 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Well I have a c31, a c41 and a c41w. So I know the differences.. :)

Wireless is on the c41w which is the latest unit released and is not what we where talking about. All three use the same outboards power supply.

The c31 is the old remote, the others andallfuture will be the new remote.

And the w,is well wireless. The differences between the c41 and the c41w is the wireless, but also the wireless unit is a little bigger and does not have a coax connector on it at all.

However, the functionality is identical on all three units other than the new remote that also uses a different kind of rf.

Could I use the old remote with C41-700?

#89 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,556 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Could I use the old remote with C41-700?

Yes but only on IR

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#90 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,887 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thanks guys, that clears up the confusion for me. So what is the difference between C31-700 and C41-700?

Again, the remote.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#91 OFFLINE   blasterdaddy

blasterdaddy

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

Just installed the HR44 on my system.  Had an HR34 that had the slow response bug in it,  and constant resetting issues.  I am a bleeding edge adopter, so I have had the HR34 for as long as its been out.  The HR44 is a fantastic box.  One word description (FAST).  Kept the C31 Clients upgrade took me maybe 20 minutes.  Only 2 real issues were when I got authorized to upgrade, the tech, did not enter that I would be replacing  an HR34, and as we all know you can't have two Genies on one account.

Therefore Activation Tech had to do some magic, and everything is working fine.  Then I go to ship the unit back, well, the HR44 is much smaller than the HR34, and naturally the box is much smaller, I verified with D and they said, if thats the box that was sent, thats the box I should use,  they noted in my account that I was concerned that the unit may be damaged, i.e. no backing could fit around the unit once it was in the box. They said if thats the box sent thats the box I use.

For my inconvenience they have be upgrades to HBO and Cinimax, (which I know locks me in for another 2 years), but ComC, and D*&H I have had major issues with, and will not go back.

Just my opinion here to help others.

Robert

#92 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,556 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

For my inconvenience they have be upgrades to HBO and Cinimax, (which I know locks me in for another 2 years), but ComC, and D*&H I have had major issues with, and will not go back.

Just my opinion here to help others.

Robert

Programming changes like the one you mentioned, should NOT trigger a new commitment 

Welcome to DBSTalk!!!

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#93 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

Programming changes like the one you mentioned, should trigger a new commitment 

Welcome to DBSTalk!!!

Yes, welcome!

But this is the first I've heard that changing a programming package would trigger a new commitment. Yikes! When did that start— or was there a typo? 

#94 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,556 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yes, welcome!

But this is the first I've heard that changing a programming package would trigger a new commitment. Yikes! When did that start— or was there a typo? 

Fixed, typo.  My bad!

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#95 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

Yes, it was. Go to your room, and write out 50 times, "I will proofread my posts. I will proof...."

:)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...