Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Yet another Genie HR 34/44 question
Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 AM
1. My main TV in the living room is on an inside wall, virtually impossible to get a hardline internet LAN cable there. The only way to access internet in this room or the rest of the house is wireless. To get coax to the TV, I had to run it along the garage ceiling and up through the floor. I can't put the TV and rcvr against the outside wall, way too much light.
2. The HR 22 in the office works fine, just as soon leave it alone.
3. If I could, I'd put a TV in one or two of the bedrooms upstairs but if I have to run coax, I'll do without.
Can I use an HR 34 or 44 in the living room connected through wifi and then feed a client box or two, also over wifi while leaving the rest of my setup as is? I'm in Alaska and have to do this on my own, no installers available.
Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:10 PM
The HR34 box supports DECA so if you have coax in your living room, then you can connect to your home network.
You may already know this but there are ways to make non-wifi devices use wifi (power-line adapters or wireless bridges) but they can get a little pricey.
Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 AM
The CCK (Cinema Connection Kit) is used to add WiFi to the HR34 and should be available through D*. I believe the 44 has it built in, but as that officially doesn't exist yet, you won't get one for some time.
Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 PM
Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom
HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom