Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 rewind and fast forward issues.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I thought it would work itself out. Especially with the latest firmware update. This problem is so annoying. It makes me want to throw this HR34 out the window when it happens. It happens more often then not. Other times. It works perfectly fine. Regarding recordings. Issue. When I fast forward at 3x. It ends up way ahead when I hit play from where I see it should resume. If I rewind. It ends up to far back. Some times when fast forwarding and rewinding. The picture will not even move for a few seconds. Then once it kicks in. Its either to far ahead or to far behind. What is the deal with this thing? My HR24-500 in the bedroom is perfectly fine and never had this issue. Other then this problem. The genie works great and I really do like it. But, at this point. Directv has had over a year to get this thing working good. Its pathetic right now a issue like this is still happening apparently. Did I get a bad box? The HR44 is not the holy grail and answer like so many others think. Once again you will have to deal with a buggy box and firmware until Directv gets it right. Just when they do. A new one comes out. Rinse, repeat and recycle.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Something to try / experiment.
Instead of pressing the Play button, press the rewind button and slow it down to FF2 and then again for FF1 and then once more and it will be on play.
That sounds like a long time but I do this sometimes on my HR23 you can do this quickly.

I do not have the problem you have so I do not know if that will work for you.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I thought it would work itself out. Especially with the latest firmware update. This problem is so annoying. It makes me want to throw this HR34 out the window when it happens. It happens more often then not. Other times. It works perfectly fine. Regarding recordings. Issue. When I fast forward at 3x. It ends up way ahead when I hit play from where I see it should resume. If I rewind. It ends up to far back. Some times when fast forwarding and rewinding. The picture will not even move for a few seconds. Then once it kicks in. Its either to far ahead or to far behind. What is the deal with this thing? My HR24-500 in the bedroom is perfectly fine and never had this issue. Other then this problem. The genie works great and I really do like it. But, at this point. Directv has had over a year to get this thing working good. Its pathetic right now a issue like this is still happening apparently. Did I get a bad box? The HR44 is not the holy grail and answer like so many others think. Once again you will have to deal with a buggy box and firmware until Directv gets it right. Just when they do. A new one comes out. Rinse, repeat and recycle.

Whats your address? When you throw the Genie out your window, I want to be there to get it. ;)

On a serious note, I only experience that fast forward and rewind issue when I'm watching content from the remote DVR. And it happens on my HR34 when watching show recorded on my HR22 and vice-versa.
  • DJ Lon likes this
HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

On a serious note, I only experience that fast forward and rewind issue when I'm watching content from the remote DVR. And it happens on my HR34 when watching show recorded on my HR22 and vice-versa.

The same thing happens with my FiOS DVRs as well - when watching something that was recorded on a different DVR.

#5 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I use 30-second skip instead of FF to get through commercial breaks. I can very quickly buffer up 6 or 7 skip button pushes and the recording jumps to that location. Works well for commercial breaks. That really the only thing we do to navigate since we never use FF or RW.
SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

#6 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Auto correct on the HR34's has been an issue for a long time.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#7 OFFLINE   paulj1x

paulj1x

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

I have the same problem, 2X and 4X jump back just the right amount, but 3X is always a problem.  On some of the older models the speed and how far you jumped back used to be programmable, any way to do this for the HR34?
Some people have claim that resetting the HR34 fixes this, onmine it seems like it might make it a little better but certainly doesn't fix it.

#8 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,277 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

No, not programmable, but I've found that using only 3x, I've automatically adjusted as to where to let the button go. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

On some of the older models the speed and how far you jumped back used to be programmable, any way to do this for the HR34?

That has never been the case/  at least not since the HR20….

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...