Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide showing recording timers I didn't set

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

For the last couple of weeks my guide is showing a timer to record ABC at 5:00 PM every day. Strange neither my wife nor myself have set this timer, nor can we delete it. Really strange the receiver isn't recording anything that I can see when this time comes up. It should the timer on every guide, (All channels, My Channels, etc.). Unplug reset does not get rid of it. This started happening when I started having problems with trying to edit my custom guide. The mystery timer does not show in the timer list also. Is this just another software bug DISH has to work out?
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,147 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I have something similar and figured out what it was. It's the PTAT timer - it seems to show up on ONE channel (the ABC station in my case - Boston DMA). It seems to show up an hour earlier than it should when the program leading into Prime Time is an hour because the last three minutes of THAT (lead-in) program will get picked up.

I'd GUESS this was done for people who had PTAT enabled but tried to set 3 timers on other channels and couldn't "see" why they couldn't have another timer based on what they saw in the listings.

#3 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

My ABC local does the same thing it keeps recording on the prime time anytime for about 10 more minutes after should quit

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

It is a bug that was discussed on the other site. Dish Software posted about it and they identified the bug and are releasing a fix very soon via sw update.

#5 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

It is a bug that was discussed on the other site. Dish Software posted about it and they identified the bug and are releasing a fix very soon via sw update.

Thank you

spam firewall