Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wrestling Hangout Thread

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

With the upcoming Royal Rumble today, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where us wrestling fans can come and talk about any and everything we wish wrestling related. Indy, WWE, or TNA.
--
I'm buying the Rumble tonight (should be good). I'm a bit underwhelmed so far by this years Hall of Fame selection. Highly annoyed that Macho Man has yet to be inducted. The man is dead, let it go and induct him. How can they not have inducted Arn yet either. :mad:
--
GAME ON!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

With the upcoming Royal Rumble today, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where us wrestling fans can come and talk about any and everything we wish wrestling related. Indy, WWE, or TNA.
--
I'm buying the Rumble tonight (should be good). I'm a bit underwhelmed so far by this years Hall of Fame selection. Highly annoyed that Macho Man has yet to be inducted. The man is dead, let it go and induct him. How can they not have inducted Arn yet either. :mad:
--
GAME ON!

I think you will see Bruno before Randy Savage inducted.
And we all know that's not going to happen.

#3 OFFLINE   Traegon

Traegon

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah. Bruno is just being.. stupid >.> They were actually going to induct Warrior (another eye roll situation), but he said he would only do it if Vince came out and apologized for the 'hatchet' job they did with the Warrior DVD.
--
Tbh though, I thought they would do Savage after they did their DVD of him. I mean, seriously, if Brett Hart can get over it, then every other single wrestler in history can squash whatever is they have against Vince.

#4 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Btw, i'll be on here during the rumble tonight! So let's feel free to chat away about it as it happens! :D

#5 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I think you will see Bruno before Randy Savage inducted.
And we all know that's not going to happen.

Is that Bruno Sammartino. if so why is he not in the Hall Of Fame.

#6 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

He hates Vince. I think he had misgivings about what Vince did after he took over from Vince senior.

Vince nationalized wrestling and was a force in heralding the end of the territory days, something alot of the old guard didn't like

This, from his wiki page, pretty much sums it up. "In his retirement, Sammartino has publicly criticized the direction professional wrestling has taken, making reference to lurid storylines, over-the-top theatrics, and drug and steroid abuse. In particular he has been critical of Vince McMahon, saying that McMahon has been detrimental to his father's creation." :/

Edited by HinterXGames, 27 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

He hates Vince. I think he had misgivings about what Vince did after he took over from Vince senior.

Vince nationalized wrestling and was a force in heralding the end of the territory days, something alot of the old guard didn't like

This, from his wiki page, pretty much sums it up. "In his retirement, Sammartino has publicly criticized the direction professional wrestling has taken, making reference to lurid storylines, over-the-top theatrics, and drug and steroid abuse. In particular he has been critical of Vince McMahon, saying that McMahon has been detrimental to his father's creation." :/

Vince turned it into a circus with snakes,dogs,and birds.

#8 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yes, but there are also many things Vince got right. He has taken it to heights his father could only dream about. Im not a fan of everything Vince has done, or still does, by far. But I didn't see anyone else making that push.

His creation of Wrestlemania was one of the most genius things he ever did

I'm not a WWE fanboy, I watched NWA along with wwe when cutting my teeth and I gave Tna a shot, but can't stand their production, which next to wwe, just feels b rate

#9 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

As a side note, what are some of peoples favorite matches? For me, a few are
--
WM 6 - Warrior/Hogan - The buildup to that match was absolutely flawless. I remember they never touched each other until the actual match. They would even run in and save each other leading up to it in other matches. I also remembers the match that caused it, where Warrior/Hogan tagged, and Warrior accidentally clotheslined Hogan. :lol:
--
Also the scaffold match between the Road Warriors and Midnight express - That thing was as creaky as a wooden boat rotting in the sea for 20 years. :eek2: And then Cornett getting thrown off the top
--
Savage/Steamboat - WM3 (I think?)
--
The Flair/Steamboat matches were epic also.
--
Guilty Pleasure: Hogan/Rock WM 18. The match itself was, meh, but holy crap that crowd made it mega spectacular. I actually fealt 10 again. :lol:

Edited by HinterXGames, 27 January 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#10 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone else notice the audio is slightly out of sync for the RR?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Np here for the audio so far

#12 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Np here for the audio so far

I'll hear them hit the mat before it happens.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#13 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hmm wierd, haven't had that happen with audio

Edited by HinterXGames, 28 January 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wierd now the audio seems a little out of synch with the Ziegler interview

Edited by HinterXGames, 28 January 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#15 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I think it's fixed finally.

#16 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yep seems back to normal now

#17 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Welp overall not bad. One of the better rumbles in awhile, aside from the finish. I don't relish a Cena/Rock II @ WM, tho they could end up having him drop it in the chamber I guess. We'll see.

Edited by HinterXGames, 28 January 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#18 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Question of the Day: Whom do you think will be Takers opponent this year, who do you think it should be/would prefer it to be, and what do you think would be a good angle to run with it.
--
Sadly, I think it will be extremely hard to top the past 4 years for Taker at Mania with Michaels and HHH. Last years match was simply epic.
--
Hard to imagine that Taker supposedley wants to make it to WM 30, then retire. Not sure if his body will let him, plus, I would figure 20-0 as a record would be better than 30 WM's but 22-0, just an odd number. But I like nice clean numbers. :D

#19 OFFLINE   Starchild

Starchild

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Question of the Day: Whom do you think will be Takers opponent this year, who do you think it should be/would prefer it to be, and what do you think would be a good angle to run with it.
--
Sadly, I think it will be extremely hard to top the past 4 years for Taker at Mania with Michaels and HHH. Last years match was simply epic.
--
Hard to imagine that Taker supposedley wants to make it to WM 30, then retire. Not sure if his body will let him, plus, I would figure 20-0 as a record would be better than 30 WM's but 22-0, just an odd number. But I like nice clean numbers. :D

Yesterday I read that Taker was not interested in performing this year. WWE doesn't think he is in shape for it. Not even to go one match a year!
Directv since 1996
HD since 2001

#20 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

It wouldn't surprise me with Taker. I honestly thought he would end it at 20-0. It seemed fitting to do so. The last time he appeared on the 1000th episode of Raw with Kane, he looked out of shape.
--
He has nothing left to prove, as it were. He's the best big man, ever, in the history of the buisness imo. He was/still is considered a locker room leader. Never once have I heard of any backstage drama with him. A true professional.

spam firewall