Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wrestling Hangout Thread

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think you will see Bruno before Randy Savage inducted.
And we all know that's not going to happen.

Well, Bruno is being inducted this year. So perhaps there is still hope for Savage. My shock is much, I never thought Bruno would give in

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wonder how many millions vkm is going to pay for this.

#23 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well, Vince has tried to induct him long before now, but he continually turned him down. Maybe he realized the induction is a tribute to his accomplishments, something more important than his feelings about Vince.

It's says a lot when ESPN broke and reported on the story

#24 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thought of the day. Would much prefer a Brock/Ryback match at WM, with Brock doing the job. Le Sigh, I think we may be getting Brock/HHH all over again though. I would find the Original 'Next Big Thing' vs The New 'Next Big Thing' angle much more enticing (if built correctly, which is always hit or miss), as to another HHH Angle.

#25 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Dutch Mantell just killed it.Great old school promo.

#26 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just attended a WWE Smackdown house show at East Carolina University Feb, 2
Ive never liked going to a non televised event, but now they have a set with video screens behind the stage. Just like a tv event except no pyro. They even had the opening of smackdown like on tv. Great matches, more personal feel to the show.

#27 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

was that who that was

#28 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yes that was him.I don't know why he can't be dirty dutch mantell.Swagger really needs a manager so it should be a good fit.Hopefully they don't tune down his character too much.

#29 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Might be the wrong kind of wrestling than the kind the OP had in mind, but thought it might be of interest. Wrestling will be dropped from the Olympics in 2020.

http://www.nytimes.c...ng-in-2020.html

#30 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Bruno Sammartino recently stated that he’ll receive $5000 and a WWE Hall of Fame ring for accepting the company’s invitation to be inducted. There are also plans for Bruno and WWE to work together on future projects that should pay him handsomely.

#31 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I can't imagine what kind of project Bruno could "work together" on with Vince given their history.

#32 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I was surprised with their history he agreed to go into the hall of fame.But he has to be in for it to be remotely taken serious.The question is does his speech make the usa broadcast with Trish Stratus and Mick Foley going in?Why put Bruno and Backlund in the same year?The two greatest champions in WWF history both going in at MSG where they were big draws.

#33 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

I think, that, should be intresting. Hmm. Wow. I think Trish doesn't get the face time, tbh. If anything, it should be Bruno and Foley.

#34 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Might be the wrong kind of wrestling than the kind the OP had in mind, but thought it might be of interest. Wrestling will be dropped from the Olympics in 2020.

Booooo

#35 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Next thing they be dropping synchronize swimming.

#36 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I can't imagine what kind of project Bruno could "work together" on with Vince given their history.

Well, I i'm sure the put together another DVD. They did one a few years ago, but not sure how comprehensive it was. Normally a DVD deal is in the works in situations like this. And they'll use Bruno for commentary.
--
Which also still makes me unsure as to why they haven't put in Savage. They did a DVD on the man and acknowledged his death. Jeez >.>

#37 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Next thing they be dropping synchronize swimming.

It's a commonly ridiculed sport, and not really one I follow, but it actually does take a lot of strength and lung capacity. Doing a routine that includes lifting a team member without touching the bottom of the pool cannot be easy.

#38 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Really surprised to read that. More surprised to hear the reason specially doping. Lol that means no more cycling events. IMO the reason it's being dropped is that the rich nations can't win many medals from it. Laughing at the substitute sports

#39 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well, I don't think they'd drop all cycling if it was due to doping, I don't think it's a big issue in track cycling. But considering wrestling is one of the original Olympic sports, it's a bit troubling. Sure, there are a few things that I'm glad they changed from the ancient Olympics, along with some of the dropped "sports", like Chariot racing.

I have also wondered about the sports that are still men only, though thankfully it's changing.

#40 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I find it funny that in the age of five hundred channels, we have a hard time finding time to broadcast more than twenty-five sports that only come on every four years.

Ps After going over my post I am not sure of what I am trying to say. I leave it as somebody might be able to explain it to me.:)

Edited by yosoyellobo, 14 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.
Add comment

Protected By... spam firewall...And...