Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wrestling Hangout Thread

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Vince turned it into a circus with snakes,dogs,and birds.

Absolutely right there were no sideshow aspects to the sport before.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Absolutely right there were no sideshow aspects to the sport before.

Meh, I would disagree. They weren't to the scale they went to when the 80's came with the Cartoon Era, but showmanship was still important. Wrestling and the fans simply outgrew Sammartino and that era, and he couldn't adjust. Much like Bret Hart couldn't adjust when the attitude era started to ramp up. Doesn't make Bruno bad, Vince was just trying to go a different direction and Bruno didn't like it. If Bruno had his way, WWE would have ended up dying like alot of other regional promotions eventually did.
--
It's not like wrestling was real when Bruno worked. What Vince did for the wrestling industry, in nationalizing it, can not be denied. That was a good thing, not a bad thing. The only other thing close for being nationalized were the NWA Television tapings (at the time).

#43 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SPINNER BELT IS DEAD! :dance::dance01: (finally, long, long overdue). I actually like the new look of the belt. Still prefer the one pre-spinner belt, but anything, is better than that travesty.
--
I am however surprised they did it with the Rock. I actually expected a changeover when Punk started his run, as to me it would have made more sense. 'This is the end of the 24/7 John Cena era, and to help usher that in, i've created a new belt' Type deal.
--
Either way, my excitement at the Spinner Belts death, can not be over-stated.

#44 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

i wonder if swagger is gonna get rvd'ed now since he was busted for pot tuesday night
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#45 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

i wonder if swagger is gonna get rvd'ed now since he was busted for pot tuesday night

He might. Probably depends on if it's his first offense. I wouldn't mind him going away, as I think he's average at best as a worker. I liked the agressive character style when he came back, and now they've saddeled him with this current 'true american' stchick, which is deplorable, and more importantly, was unneeded.

#46 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Besides, look at how many chances they gave Hardy, and he got a title run. Thena gain, everytime his push stopped it was due to drug usage. :nono2:

#47 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Besides, look at how many chances they gave Hardy, and he got a title run. Thena gain, everytime his push stopped it was due to drug usage. :nono2:

yea but hardy a merchandise mover swagger never has been and i think his push is over cause he was also cited for dui which is worse then just being busted for pot. but then again we don't know if the dui was for pot or alcohol
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#48 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

yea but hardy a merchandise mover swagger never has been and i think his push is over cause he was also cited for dui which is worse then just being busted for pot. but then again we don't know if the dui was for pot or alcohol

Very True. Swagger's never been able to get over from a character standpoint, which is why I had hope with the new 'aggressive' style character when he first came back, but once that old man showed up, it all went in the crapper for me.
--
Then again, mic skills are no where near the level compared to the previous era's, which I think makes getting new stars over, alot harder. Hell, Ryback wasn't anywhere near being over, until one single moment with him staring at Punk, daring him to touch Mick again.
--
The Wrestling industry is funny that way, how some of the smallest things just turns the tide. I remember my acceptance of Orton, and for most fans of him, was after the hardcore match with Foley. Hell, Hardy seemed credible after the ladder match with him and Taker. That thing was bonkers, and not on a PPV, and even though he lost, it suddenly made him believable/crediable to be a champ.
--
I've seen many pushes fail because that moment isn't capitalized on, or created at all. Look at Shelton Benjamin (HHH feud) and Kofi (Orton, nevermind, feud)
--
Even Punk and the Faux 'shoot' he did. That moment was when fans, in general, were ready to accept that 'jump'.

#49 OFFLINE   whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Here is 2 questions I have for you....#1 Since it's WrestleMania season obviously a lot of chatter surrounds The Undertaker, and rightfully so. The Undertaker IS WrestleMania to a lot of fans. For the past few years his match has been the best on the card, and is the main event regardless of placement on the card. That being said, I'm really doubtful we see him this year. The photos that surfaced last week of him at an NHL game show a fragile, beat up looking old man. He's given it his all at "The Show of Shows" for over 2 decades now, and I don't want to see him compete if he isn't healthy enough to give it a solid go. Honestly, him losing The Streak would bother me a lot less than seeing him come out and look like a beaten down shell of himself that struggles to put on a good match. That would hurt the mystique of The Undertaker more so then being 20-1. So maybe no Undertaker is for the best at this point, if he really isn't healthy and strong enough to be "The Undertaker.".....HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO: If Undertaker returns and wrestles CM Punk at WrestleMania XXIX, and Punk wins (which rumors say is Taker's wish) How would you respond? Immediately after seeing the 3 count take place??? To me Its Takers wish...nuf said lol he worked his arse off for over 20 years.....I think he can make whatever call he wants now. He deserves it. And be grateful that he chooses punk and not cena/ryback/sheamus

But my initial reaction after the 3 count?....my jaw would be on the floor in shock lol Takers streak should not end ever but it is Takers wish Question #2 is "What if..."

During Vince's "fight" with Paul Heyman on next week's Monday Night Raw Brock Lesnar interferes...and then...HHH music hits...HHH makes the save and gets on the mic...He goes on to say how he'd love to whip Lesnar's a** for messing with his family, but there's someone who'd love to kick his a** even more...and then...Lights go out....Gong....Taker appears...Points to Wrestlemania sign and immediately tombstones Lesnar. Think about it. Lesnar and Taker still have bad blood between them (going back to Lesnar leaving before Taker could get a win over him...and going back to Taker showing up at Lesnar's UFC event and asking, "You want to go?")...Maybe...just maybe. Too creative or would you rather see HHH vs Lesnar? I still think if Taker fights at WM it will be Punk but what if this happens..hmm :)

#50 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

i don't think it would be the same if he lost even if it is to punk who i've been a fan of since his ecw days and i don't see taker perfoming unless he can give 100%

#51 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Here is 2 questions I have for you....#1 Since it's WrestleMania season obviously a lot of chatter surrounds The Undertaker, and rightfully so. The Undertaker IS WrestleMania to a lot of fans. For the past few years his match has been the best on the card, and is the main event regardless of placement on the card. That being said, I'm really doubtful we see him this year. The photos that surfaced last week of him at an NHL game show a fragile, beat up looking old man. He's given it his all at "The Show of Shows" for over 2 decades now, and I don't want to see him compete if he isn't healthy enough to give it a solid go. Honestly, him losing The Streak would bother me a lot less than seeing him come out and look like a beaten down shell of himself that struggles to put on a good match. That would hurt the mystique of The Undertaker more so then being 20-1. So maybe no Undertaker is for the best at this point, if he really isn't healthy and strong enough to be "The Undertaker.".....HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO: If Undertaker returns and wrestles CM Punk at WrestleMania XXIX, and Punk wins (which rumors say is Taker's wish) How would you respond? Immediately after seeing the 3 count take place??? To me Its Takers wish...nuf said lol he worked his arse off for over 20 years.....I think he can make whatever call he wants now. He deserves it. And be grateful that he chooses punk and not cena/ryback/sheamus

But my initial reaction after the 3 count?....my jaw would be on the floor in shock lol Takers streak should not end ever but it is Takers wish Question #2 is "What if..."

During Vince's "fight" with Paul Heyman on next week's Monday Night Raw Brock Lesnar interferes...and then...HHH music hits...HHH makes the save and gets on the mic...He goes on to say how he'd love to whip Lesnar's a** for messing with his family, but there's someone who'd love to kick his a** even more...and then...Lights go out....Gong....Taker appears...Points to Wrestlemania sign and immediately tombstones Lesnar. Think about it. Lesnar and Taker still have bad blood between them (going back to Lesnar leaving before Taker could get a win over him...and going back to Taker showing up at Lesnar's UFC event and asking, "You want to go?")...Maybe...just maybe. Too creative or would you rather see HHH vs Lesnar? I still think if Taker fights at WM it will be Punk but what if this happens..hmm :)

I like your scenario with Lesnar, better than I do Punk, and I don't care what Taker's wish is. The man deserves to be 2*-0. Him and Michaels were the only big names that stuck with Vince through the everyone else hopping to WCW. He deserves it.
--
I do think he shouldn't go if not 100%, especially given the epic shows him, HHH and Michaels have provided the past 4 years at WM. I don't think him and Punk could even live up to them, little more coming close to even topping them.
--
TBh, I thought he would retire once he hit 20. I saw reports though, that said he wanted to get to WM 30, but I just dont' think his body will let him anymore. He looked out of shape on the 1000th episode of RAW when he showed up. Taker, is and will always be, one of my favorites. Imo, hands down, the best big man, ever, in this history of the buisness.

#52 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Which dirt sheet did you get this from? Rumors are tumors man and dirt sheets are the worst. I highly doubt that Undertaker's streak is ended by Punk. But even if it actually happened, I still wouldn't give the dirt sheets the benefit. How the hell would they even find out such information. Undertaker hasn't even been around. We'll never know anyway. Even though I'm a big fan of CM Punk, 'Taker will be 21-0 if this match happens.

'Taker vs Lesnar makes no sense with the current angle with Lesnar attacking Vince. It's gonna be Lesnar vs Triple H II (Unfortunately). This WrestleMania is shaping up to be awful...
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#53 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Which dirt sheet did you get this from? Rumors are tumors man and dirt sheets are the worst. I highly doubt that Undertaker's streak is ended by Punk. But even if it actually happened, I still wouldn't give the dirt sheets the benefit. How the hell would they even find out such information. Undertaker hasn't even been around. We'll never know anyway. Even though I'm a big fan of CM Punk, 'Taker will be 21-0 if this match happens.

'Taker vs Lesnar makes no sense with the current angle with Lesnar attacking Vince. It's gonna be Lesnar vs Triple H II (Unfortunately). This WrestleMania is shaping up to be awful...

Pro Wrestling Torch and 1wrestling.com are good places to get wrestling news, and his situation was hypothetical. He wasn't saying that's in the plans.
--
Either way, I agree this WM is shaping up to be lackluster at best. Will still probably end up buying it. It is WM afterall. :lol:

#54 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Btw, Taker vs Lesnar would make sense, easily turned. Dirt sheets has nothign to do with his reference. You can look it up on youtube, but Taker was at Lesnar's UFC when he lost the title, and they were interviewing him when Lesnar walked by and brief words were exchanged.
--
Taker is a huge MMA fan.

Edited by HinterXGames, 25 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Btw, Taker vs Lesnar would make sense, easily turned. Dirt sheets has nothign to do with his reference. You can look it up on youtube, but Taker was at Lesnar's UFC when he lost the title, and they were interviewing him when Lesnar walked by and brief words were exchanged.
--
Taker is a huge MMA fan.

I know all that. But Vince getting attacked has nothing to do with 'Taker. Triple H was the obvious savior for Vince.
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#56 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I know all that. But Vince getting attacked has nothing to do with 'Taker. Triple H was the obvious savior for Vince.

Most defeintly. As a side note, that Punk/Cena match on RAW was PPV main event caliber. By far, their best match. Nice to see a clean finish for once. I do, however though, sense a triple threat match coming with Rock, Punk and Cena.
--
We'll see Monday I guess for sure. If they don't get something going with Punk for a 4 week build up, I don't see any other WM option for him, as I think Taker is sitting this one out at this point.

#57 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Welp, guess its official. Taker at mania is on

#58 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm hoping Sheamus wins but it will probably be CM Punk.

#59 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yeah. Most sites have reported if he did it, it wpuld be punk. I just don't know how you follow 4 match of the years in a row with punk.

#60 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Punk would be the best choice because the other 3 can't do epic Taker-like matches.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...