Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wrestling Hangout Thread

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

$70?!?!?!?!?!

The last time I paid for WM was some years ago but it was $39 as I recall - and all the other PPVs were $30.

Things have changed.. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised to see WM at 100$ in 5 years. Most PPV events have consistently trended upwards in price it seems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Things have changed.. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised to see WM at 100$ in 5 years. Most PPV events have consistently trended upwards in price it seems.

If people will pay $70 then yeah they could charge $100 soon. I'm putting my foot down. $70 is WAY TOO MUCH. And I've ordered every WrestleMania sine 2000...
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#83 OFFLINE   dankurk

dankurk

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

As a side note, what are some of peoples favorite matches? For me, a few are
--
WM 6 - Warrior/Hogan - The buildup to that match was absolutely flawless. I remember they never touched each other until the actual match. They would even run in and save each other leading up to it in other matches. I also remembers the match that caused it, where Warrior/Hogan tagged, and Warrior accidentally clotheslined Hogan. :lol:
--
Also the scaffold match between the Road Warriors and Midnight express - That thing was as creaky as a wooden boat rotting in the sea for 20 years. :eek2: And then Cornett getting thrown off the top
--
Savage/Steamboat - WM3 (I think?)
--
The Flair/Steamboat matches were epic also.
--
Guilty Pleasure: Hogan/Rock WM 18. The match itself was, meh, but holy crap that crowd made it mega spectacular. I actually fealt 10 again. :lol:

I wish I could get some of those matches in HD on youtube.

#84 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Savage/Steamboat at WM3 was, hands-down, the best match in terms of value (lasted a good long while), ring psychology, athleticism and just about any other metric you can think of - IMO of course. I mean, other matches may have lasted an hour, but there'd be a lot of rest holds in there. There was no 'fat' to trim from Savage/Steamboat. The buildup was classic and the execution virtually flawless.

At the very least it certainly outclassed, by a LONG margin, the main event match (Hogan/Andre)

Edited by djlong, 03 April 2013 - 04:40 AM.
Typo

#85 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Savage/Steamboat at WM3 was, hands-down, the best match in terms of value (lasted a good long while), ring psychology, athleticism and just about any other metric you can think of - IMO of course. I mean, other matches may have lasted an hour, but there'd be a lot of rest holds in there. There was no 'fat' to trim from Savage/Steamboat. The buildup was classic and the execution virtually flawless.

At the very least it certainly outclassed, by a LONG margin, the main event match (Hogan/Andre)

I agree. Though, it doesn't lessen the impact that the Hogan/Andre match had. That was a turning point for WWE and wrestling, as a whole, as it began the nationalization of wrestling and Hogan's rise to prominence.
--
Side note, Hogan suffered a back injury when lifting Andre that he still deals with to this day. :eek2: He said in an interview, when he lifted Andre up he heard something pop in his back. :lol:
--
Another match I had forgotten about. The Angle/Shane match at King of the Ring. Talk about putting your body through hell. Stupid Glass! :D
--
Mankind also still owns the OMG moment, and I don't think he'll ever be dethroned from it, with the Hell and Cell match. I remember Taker quoting once 'I looked down from the Cell and thought 'Oh god, I killed him''.

#86 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

http://www.grantland...-film-pain-gain
--
Intresting article on The Rock at Grantland :)

#87 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

All is right with the world. 21-0

#88 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Welp, overall, not a bad show. It actually turned out better than I thought it would. Some notes:
--
Ryback is a strong, strong man. Was pretty impressed with him lifting Mark Henry and marching around the ring with him. It wasn't Cena's double man lift, but still pretty impressive.
--
Undertaker vs Punk: This match turned out better than I thought. I try not to hold it to same standard as the past 4 years, because, well, I didn't think it was fair or obtainable, but still an entertaining match. When Punk hit Taker over the head with the urn, I still had that cringe in my gut, and relief when he kicked out. I also think, as expected, the loss still elevated Punk. At least in my eyes. Best moment of the match is when Punk had Taker in the Ananconda Vice, and he does his classic 'sit up', with angry, demonic eyes staring right at Punk while still in the hold. Good stuff.
--
HHH vs Brock: The crowd, sadly, was dead for alot of this match. It did start somewhat slow, but got better as it went on. I must say, surprisingly, I think this match actually elevated Lesnar. I want a Ryback vs Lesnar match pronto, today, yesterday. It will be either really good, or Goldberg/Brock bad. This match though, really finished strong and got the crowd woken up from their slumber finally. I'm still convinced that the Taker match at Mania is now /the/ hardest match to follow.
--
Rock vs Cena II: This match was very surprising. It was actually better than the first one. It wasn't near the mistake I thought it was having them do a second go around. There was a point I was actually questioning whether they would drop the belt to Cena or not. I was also thinking perhaps we'd see a Ziggler run in to rob Cena of the title, and/or to steal his opportunity to beat the Rock. Well worked by both and the crowd was active throughought. WWE needs to realize though, regardless of what they have Cena accomplish or who gives him the rub, the boos will not go away. I only hope they have learned from the last time Cena had a title run. Don't push him down our throats.
--
Last quick hit: Fandango is garbage, from both a working and gimmick stand point. Jericho carried him the whole way.

Edited by HinterXGames, 08 April 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#89 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

WrestleMania was better than I expected it to be. But I'm still glad I didn't pay for it (streamed). It was as predictable as I thought it would be, which is not a good thing.

But the matches were pretty good throughout. Rock vs Cena was better than last year, but that's not saying much. The finish to the match was awful however. How many finishes and counters did they force?! And of course the love fest afterward made me want to throw up as it seemed so unnatural and cheesy.

Undertaker vs Punk was very good. Punk put his body through hell with some of those spots and bumps. After the last couple of years I thought Taker was possibly close to retiring due to obviously slowing down, but he can STILL hold his own. I also loved Taker's entrance with the hands reaching at him. Had a "Walking Dead" like feel.

I actually enjoyed Jericho vs Fandango. Jericho did great but I thought Fandango did well except for when he botched the end by not positioning himself far enough out for the Lionsault. The RAW crowd tonight loved Fandango as they popped big for him and hummed his entrance music! Classic.

HHH vs Brock was surprisingly good to me.

How about RAW tonight though. That crowd was great. I always look forward to the RAW after Mania because the international crowd. Chanting "same old sh!t" and "boring" at Cena, chanting for everyone EXCEPT Sheamus and Orton during their awful match, humming Fandango's music, singing Mark Henry's song and just being very vocal throughout the show. Plus Ziggler cashing in to win the world title and Cena getting owned by Rybore at the end. The atmosphere of RAW was sadly better than that of WrestleMania the night before. Dada dadadadadada dada...

Edited by hbkbiggestfan, 08 April 2013 - 11:15 PM.

<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>

#90 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

WrestleMania was better than I expected it to be. But I'm still glad I didn't pay for it (streamed). It was as predictable as I thought it would be, which is not a good thing.

But the matches were pretty good throughout. Rock vs Cena was better than last year, but that's not saying much. The finish to the match was awful however. How many finishes and counters did they force?! And of course the love fest afterward made me want to throw up as it seemed so unnatural and cheesy.

Undertaker vs Punk was very good. Punk put his body through hell with some of those spots and bumps. After the last couple of years I thought Taker was possibly close to retiring due to obviously slowing down, but he can STILL hold his own. I also loved Taker's entrance with the hands reaching at him. Had a "Walking Dead" like feel.

I actually enjoyed Jericho vs Fandango. Jericho did great but I thought Fandango did well except for when he botched the end by not positioning himself far enough out for the Lionsault. The RAW crowd tonight loved Fandango as they popped big for him and hummed his entrance music! Classic.

HHH vs Brock was surprisingly good to me.

How about RAW tonight though. That crowd was great. I always look forward to the RAW after Mania because the international crowd. Chanting "same old sh!t" and "boring" at Cena, chanting for everyone EXCEPT Sheamus and Orton during their awful match, humming Fandango's music, singing Mark Henry's song and just being very vocal throughout the show. Plus Ziggler cashing in to win the world title and Cena getting owned by Rybore at the end. The atmosphere of RAW was sadly better than that of WrestleMania the night before. Dada dadadadadada dada...

Yep, totally agree on Raw. Great crowd. It really ticks me off when I watch a RAW or PPV and the crowd is just crap. WHY would you pay that much money for a ticket, only to go and be silent. I don't understand it :confused:.

#91 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yep, totally agree on Raw. Great crowd. It really ticks me off when I watch a RAW or PPV and the crowd is just crap. WHY would you pay that much money for a ticket, only to go and be silent. I don't understand it :confused:.

Yup. I don't get it either. The crowd is a huge part of the atmosphere and that can make or break a show. I've gone to many shows over the years, including two WrestleMania events (25 and XXVII), and I never just went and sat on my hands. I love being vocal and starting chants myself. Even if its just a house show. Funny thing is, I'm a very quite guy. WWE is my outlet. I'm a totally different person at these shows hahaha. I was very proud of that crowd Monday night!

#92 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yup. I don't get it either. The crowd is a huge part of the atmosphere and that can make or break a show. I've gone to many shows over the years, including two WrestleMania events (25 and XXVII), and I never just went and sat on my hands. I love being vocal and starting chants myself. Even if its just a house show. Funny thing is, I'm a very quite guy. WWE is my outlet. I'm a totally different person at these shows hahaha. I was very proud of that crowd Monday night!

Yep, a prime example of how a crowd can change/enhance a storyline. Rock/Hogan I. The match itself wasn't exactly Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle, but the crowd was /SO/ into it, that it made it into a moment. If that makes any sense.
--
There was also Cena/RVD at the first ECW oriented PPV (name escapes me). Where the crowd was so pro RVD it was ridiculous, and they threw Cena's shirt back at him 3 times. I still think Cena was originally to win that match and they changed it to RVD in fear the crowd would riot, lol.

#93 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Yep, a prime example of how a crowd can change/enhance a storyline. Rock/Hogan I. The match itself wasn't exactly Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle, but the crowd was /SO/ into it, that it made it into a moment. If that makes any sense.
--
There was also Cena/RVD at the first ECW oriented PPV (name escapes me). Where the crowd was so pro RVD it was ridiculous, and they threw Cena's shirt back at him 3 times. I still think Cena was originally to win that match and they changed it to RVD in fear the crowd would riot, lol.

Yeah. One Night Stand was the PPV. Those were good times. Same with WrestleMania 22 in Chicago when Cean first started to really get booed. The match with him and Triple H was decent but the crowd made it feel so special. I wasn't really excited for that match but I really got into because of the atmosphere.
Money In The Bank 2011 is another one. CM Punk vs Cena in Punk's hometown of Chicago. That crowd was off the charts.

One of the reasons WWE isn't what it used to be is because they stalled at making new stars. Look at this 'Mania card, Rock, Cena, Triple H, Lesnar and Undertaker were all in the headline matches. None of these guys are newly devolped stars and Rock, Lesnar, Triple H and Undertaker are guys they had to bring back to draw interest in the event. Its not good to have to rely on aging guys from a decade ago. WWE has to make some new stars or the product will continue to suffer and crowds will continue to be non-existent for a bland product.

Daniel Bryan is a guy they should be using better and he's being wasted with an old Kane. Ziggler is getting his shot finally. Wade Barrett could be real good imo. Del Rio is meh as is Swagger as is Miz. So maybe 3 guys on the roster right now who could be big stars. New blood is needed and WWE needs to figure out how to make the most of the potential.

#94 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeah. One Night Stand was the PPV. Those were good times. Same with WrestleMania 22 in Chicago when Cean first started to really get booed. The match with him and Triple H was decent but the crowd made it feel so special. I wasn't really excited for that match but I really got into because of the atmosphere.
Money In The Bank 2011 is another one. CM Punk vs Cena in Punk's hometown of Chicago. That crowd was off the charts.

One of the reasons WWE isn't what it used to be is because they stalled at making new stars. Look at this 'Mania card, Rock, Cena, Triple H, Lesnar and Undertaker were all in the headline matches. None of these guys are newly devolped stars and Rock, Lesnar, Triple H and Undertaker are guys they had to bring back to draw interest in the event. Its not good to have to rely on aging guys from a decade ago. WWE has to make some new stars or the product will continue to suffer and crowds will continue to be non-existent for a bland product.

Daniel Bryan is a guy they should be using better and he's being wasted with an old Kane. Ziggler is getting his shot finally. Wade Barrett could be real good imo. Del Rio is meh as is Swagger as is Miz. So maybe 3 guys on the roster right now who could be big stars. New blood is needed and WWE needs to figure out how to make the most of the potential.

--
Oh, I totally agree with you there. Ziggler has been sorely mis-used and can really become a heel if they get rid of the hanger's on and really let him go at it on his own. I think there is potential in Bryant also.
--
I will say though, I think something that has stunted the growth of young new stars is many of them aren't good on the mic. It almost feels as if the era of the great talkers died with the Attitude era. This is made even more glaringly obvious for me, anytime someone like The Rock (imo, the best talker of all time, followed closely by Flair) does a promo.
--
I think part of it is also due to turning back the page to be PG. I also think Ryback has alot of potential. I don't know why, but I like him :/ We're all allowed to have one of those right?
--
I mean, if people for some reason like Fandango.. i'm allowed to like Ryback, right? :D

#95 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Everyone has a guilty pleasure wrestler. Hell many people consider wrestling itself a guilty pleasure haha. I'm trying to give Ryback a chance but he just comes off as Goldberg 2.0. He needs something else. And by the way I think Faaaaahhhn-Daaahhhn-Gooooo is great. A little green in the ring, but he'll get there. He already got past the hard part, getting a strong crowd reaction.
  • sigma1914 likes this

#96 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

So, figured i'd bring this back to bear. I watched the Royal Rumble and have a few thoughts:

--

1. Please go back to Pittsburgh more often WWE. That crowd was great.

--

2. Wyatt/Bryan match = 1st Match of the Year canditate. Fantastic, surprisingly so, match. Bryan got elevated, but more importantly, it made me take notice of Bray Wyatt. I like his potential (love his character). It actually makes me want see Bray Wyatt/Taker. Sadly, I think we'll see Wyatt/Cena at WM, in which I hope Wyatt get's the rub and not fed, needlesly, to Cena.

--

3. Lesner/Show = Glad they didn't have an actual match, and somehow, this actually worked out to make Brock look even more crazy/beastly. While watching it, it took me back to Mankind/Rock, when Rock kept beating him in the head over and over with the chair. I literally was going 'Dude, seriously, just stop hitting him already'.

--

4. Cena/Orton - Match itself was cookie cutter, but nothing epic. Best part was the crowd. Chant of the Night "We Want Diva's". Just saying, when you want a Diva match over a Championship match, your having a bad night. Kudo's to Orton/Cena for playing to the crowds chant's though and not acting like they weren't going on.

--

5. Rumble Match - Overall, one of the worst rumbles i've seen and an even worse ending with Batista winning. (smh). I've seen reports that Batista was legitmately mad the crowd was chanting for Daniel Bryan and then Reigns, lol. Side note, Batista looks out of shape.

---

Last but not least, i've seen a report as of yesterday Sting has come to an agreement to come to WWE after all these years, WOO HOO. Also, i've seen 8 million rumors about whom Taker is facing this year, he're to hoping it's Daniel Bryan or Bray Wyatt, not Brock Lesnar/Batista/Someone else who doesn't need it. The only exception, would be Cena, as he hasn't had his deadman turn. Let the speculation/opinons on whom you think it should be begin!

--

Hall of Fame Update: Ultimate Warrior (I can't wait to hear /that/ induction speech) and Jake the Snake, who should/will be next?

Edited by HinterXGames, 28 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#97 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Randy Savage next HoF

#98 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Totally agree on Savage. Also, with the now all but Unofficial signing of Sting, I expect him probably next year. Will be intresting to see what they do with Sting. 

--

And WTF on Punk just up and leaving. Can't wait to see the details over the months on that one come out through interviews. Reports are he was none too happy with his direction creatively, or Batista winning the rumble (which I was annoyed with also.)

#99 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,914 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

The RR was horrible and a waste, except for Bryan's match.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#100 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Totally agree on Savage. Also, with the now all but Unofficial signing of Sting, I expect him probably next year. Will be intresting to see what they do with Sting. 

--

And WTF on Punk just up and leaving. Can't wait to see the details over the months on that one come out through interviews. Reports are he was none too happy with his direction creatively, or Batista winning the rumble (which I was annoyed with also.)

Punk is just a primadonna that should know when they tell him to win he wins and when they tell him to lose he loses.

Thats the nature of the beast.

spam firewall