Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

C31 & RF Remote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blemert

blemert

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thought someone might have the same setup... I have a HR34 and two C31's. One of the C31's is in the basement and setup via RF. The reception is horrible... we are lucky to maybe get 1 our of every 3 key presses. I've had many receivers over the years installed in the same exact spot and RF on those receivers have been flawless. I've read that the RF antenna is in the center middle of the housing - is there any way to improve the reception? I don't want to go the IR Repeater route if I don't have to, but we will have to do something soon.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don't think there is any way, so I'd wonder if the problem is with "this" C31 or both. It should be easy to swap 31s and see if the other works better.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,924 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I've had some luck improving reliability on some low-power RF home automation - X-10 - devices with putting a passive repeater near the transmitter / receiver. Here's an article describing it . . . http://jvde.us/x10/passive.pdf

I'm not sure what the frequency of the RC 6xX remotes are but I'd bet 433 mhz ??

If so, try positioning a 13.6 inch piece of coat hanger near your 31.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#4 OFFLINE   blemert

blemert

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

VOS - appreciate the reply. I can try switching out the boxes, I do not run the second C31 in "RF" mode. Was curious what everyone else's experience has been. Looks as if the H25 has an external RF antenna, it appears as if DirecTV felt that the internal setup on the C31 was more than adequate... I'm just not seeing it.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Not sure what your range is "but" I just took my remote outside and it still worked my C31. That was close to 30', with one interior and one exterior wall too.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...