Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skip function

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Anyone have an issue with the Skip Function? I have a Hopper but this problem may well be generic for any Dish receiver.
I get a delay of several seconds in either Skp Forward or Back. Then when it does 'move' the picture freezes for several seconds before resuming.
This showed up recently, and is very annoying.
I have not done a full reboot yet, if I notice a change that fixes it I will post it here.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

A FULL reboot (pulling the plug) cured it!

#3 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

The skip function is a joke on the hopper. Used to work great but now a piece of junk. Has been for many many months. Dish doesn't care enough about their products to fix. Just add more half baked features that don't work right.

#4 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I really can't see that Skip works any differently as it every has. But I think there was also an error in my diagnosis.

Investigating more I find the problem may well be related to an intermittent freezing issue in the original broadcasts and has nothing to do with recordings or skip (which is a recording function), as some of my older recordings before this last Sunday, are just fine on playback. But Sunday I saw freezing issues on live broadcasts even when not using skip.

So, for now I am thinking the freezing was a temporary issue that I did not really notice except when playing back a recent recording. I'll see how things go from this point forward.

#5 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Bad again, new receiver coming. Freezes on all recording playback or when using SKIP.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...