Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv CSR made my day!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Just had the best CSR service! Just called to change programming and re-activate an R15 for my shop, nothing too spectacular right? Well, this CSR rocked, no BS, very helpful, friendly, and got me on my way feeling A ok!

My biggest peeve are the long painful calls (my bank), making you regret calling....not this call, right to the point, all set up in a few minutes! Directv CSR's, keep up the good work!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I know people complain a lot about Directv CSRs. I have myself. But, on average, I think they've done the best job of any company I've ever had to call about responding to my concerns.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#3 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I know people complain a lot about Directv CSRs. I have myself. But, on average, I think they've done the best job of any company I've ever had to call about responding to my concerns.

I agree. Have always had pleasant experiences. Called to activate my new HR34 the other day and there was zero hold time, and the guy who I spoke with in the Access Card department to do the activation was great and clearly knew what he was doing.

#4 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I agree. Have always had pleasant experiences. Called to activate my new HR34 the other day and there was zero hold time, and the guy who I spoke with in the Access Card department to do the activation was great and clearly knew what he was doing.

I'll agree for the most part, even though I'm no longer a DirecTV customer. I only had one clueless CSR in over four years. He had no idea what SonicTap was, so I just said Thank you and Goodbye, called again and got an answer to my question.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#5 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I never had any problems.

JACK,

#6 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Always good to see a good experience posted (no matter who the provider is), too often we are quick to complain and slow to praise. I have yet to have a real problem with a CSR, then again have been in customer service work all my life so I get it.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#7 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Same here. Just got my third HD-DVR the other day, called up and got it activated via Tech, and they sent out a Deca as it (oddly) didn't come with one. No problem!
--
Don't forget too, if a CSR/Tech/anyone you talk with in a company has delivered great service, a compliment to their supervisor might be nice! I gave my initial install tech a compliment. :D

#8 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I had a very pleasant experience the other day with DirecTV. I called in about the price increase in February and they offered me $10 off of the Sports Pack, $5 off of Starz, $5 off of HBO, $5 off of Cinemax, $5 off of Showtime, and free DVR fee and Whole Home DVR fee for 6 months, and then the free DVR/Whole Home fee for a year. So that is about $41 per month off for 6 months and then $11 per month off thereafter.
Needless to say, I was shocked and glad that I called.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#9 ONLINE   BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I too just had a great experience with a D* CSR. I started to get my free upgrade on the internet when I noticed a $50 installation fee get added to the upgrade. I decided I would wait and did not complete the order. A couple of weeks later D* called and made note of the fact that I qualified for a free DVR. I mentioned that I had noted that but decided I did not want to spend the $50 right now. No problem! They waived the fee. They also threw in a discount for the next 12 months. Plus the installers were great as well.

I've never had a company treat me so well. I have nothing but a very warm feeling for this company!

#10 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think they put something in the water at Directv. I called today and spoke to two different CSR's, and both sounded like Mr. Rogers welcoming me to the neighborhood. I've never talked to two so excited and happy CSR's before. Posted Image

I called to simply cancel my Sports Pack, and never asked for anything. Ended up with the Sports Pack and $160 in credits. Go figure.

#11 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I think they put something in the water at Directv.

That wouldn't surprise me, in an attempt to push up sales.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#12 OFFLINE   supermod38

supermod38

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCentral VA.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

:grin: I have been with Direct since 2002, and never had a bad experience when calling. and always hung up the phone with a smile:hurah: all of the upgrades i received have been FREE including equipment.

I am a believer in you get treated the way you treat others..............:grin:

I'm not here for a long time, just a GOOD time!
HR34 lease- Vizio 26"
C-31-lease-32" Emerson
HR24-owned-RCA 46"

H24- owned- :righton:

#13 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Other than a botched Movers Connection I have had great experiences with DirecTV's CSR's. I treat them with great respect and it's always reciprocated.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#14 OFFLINE   vikingguy

vikingguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

My last 3 issues have been a nightmare with phone calls to direct TV. The first was in august for a old SD tivo that lost local channels. The CSR told me it was an issue they were working on so they would not replace it. Then 3 weeks later I find out they knew the fix the whole time when I called back for status update. Not only was the first CSR wrong but no one bother to email or call me with the fix.

Second call was for broken hard drive on a DVR. I spent over an hour to prove the drive was bad and I needed a replacement DVR. I even read off the hard drive error code in the service menu. I hung up after an hour and found another CSR who replaced the DVR right away after reading the code off. The original CSR had me run through the tests in the service menu over and over.

Last call was for a 200 dollar charge for a non returned DVR. Even though using the tracking number showed they received and signed for the DVR less than 8 days after shipping the label to me. Since no one at direct TV has access to fedex.com I could not prove they signed for it. It took an hour to find a supervisor who believed me and gave me a 200 dollar credit. Even though he could not access fedex.com.

spam firewall