Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

7 Tuners for 3 TV's?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmoneyd

dmoneyd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Thinking of returning to Directv. Just to clarify, if I get the Genie, client, and HD DVR, I could record up to 7 shows at once that would be able to play on any of the 3 TV's? Or does the Genie only share with the clients?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

The Genie will share with the Cxx clients and with the HRs. The Genie clients will only see the HR34 from what I've read.

I think if you want to have a Genie (HR34) and 2 other TVs and all be able to see the recordings of all, you'd need a Genie and 2 HRs (or 1 HR and one Hxx non-dvr).

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,451 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

You can do what you want with the Genie, a client and an HR2x. The only thing you can't do is set a recording on the HR2x from the client (or Genie). To do that, you could use the small profile H25, but then you'd lose the close connection of the client to the Genie. (Trick play, etc.)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 794 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

The clients have been able to see recordings on the HR2xs since the latest software update.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Aha! I did not know that.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#6 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

The clients have been able to see recordings on the HR2xs since the latest software update.

Can clients schedule HR2x recordings, too, or only do that for the HR34/44? If so, how is that presented? I mean, if you hit record on some future show, does it ask which DVR to record it on?
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

No, it only offers that Genie to which it is paired...

#8 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

No, it only offers that Genie to which it is paired...

Okay, but it can view recordings from any DVR in the home?
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Any that are MRV'd, yes!

#10 OFFLINE   snpman

snpman

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

I have a Hr34 two HR24 and HR22. That is 11 tuners and all can see each other. I love the HR34. I can use the double play and not affect my wife's recordings. My wife is DVraholic. All receivers can see each other. I upgrades last year for 199.99 with a new 2year contract.

#11 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

The only thing you can't do is set a recording on the HR2x from the client (or Genie). To do that, you could use the small profile H25, but then you'd lose the close connection of the client to the Genie. (Trick play, etc.)

Or use the DirecTV app via smartphone/mobile device which gives you the option to view the guide and select "record". Then you will see your DVRs listed and you select where you want the show recorded (and it can be multiple DVRs).

spam firewall