Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-24: Randomly deletes buffer...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rockermann

Rockermann

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

My HR-24 randomly deletes the buffer while I'm watching a channel. I may have an hour or more buffer, then boom... The buffer is gone and I'm caught up to live. It seems to happen a lot around NOON, but it can happen at any time. Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AR100U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
2 - HR24/500 HD PVRs
My Theater
My Theater Construction

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

You might try - Swapping the location of your HR24 receiver to another room.

And see if the trouble follows, If it does -then it could be a problem with the HR24 receiver it's self.

Does it do it on all channels?
Have you tested it on any othe HR's you have?
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Do a restart of the DVR and then see if it still happens.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Happened also to me (HR21-700) this morning, twice, top of the hour (2:00 and 3:00am CST). Very annoying. Haven't tried a restart, yet, but will if it happens again.

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,447 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

My HR-24 randomly deletes the buffer while I'm watching a channel. I may have an hour or more buffer, then boom... The buffer is gone and I'm caught up to live. It seems to happen a lot around NOON, but it can happen at any time. Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?

Much as I like the 24-500s, the have to be the wackiest HRs D* has ever produced. Nothing they do would surprise me. But I see another post in this thread about a 21-700 (the best of the 21 series, in my opinion) doing the same thing. Curious.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...