Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blu Ray & Universal Codes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   freeX4Xall

freeX4Xall

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I recently purchased a Blu Ray player for the first time but am not unfamiliar with the Blu Ray tecnhology at all. Main reason, a lot of movies that I enjoy are not and probably will never be licensed to Netflix & Hulu Plus, particularly Star Wars.

Main reason for posting (and after moderate research) and cannot find codes for my Blu Ray player and universal remote.

I will give the exact model number of my universal remote and blu ray player, both considered low end/low budget in the home entertainment category.

Universal Remote: Vizio 3 Device Univ. Remote - Model No: XRU110

Blu Ray Player: Sony Blu Ray - Model: S-185

In my manual they list everything but Blu Ray, however they do list Sony Laser Disc codes.... I've also attempted to use some codes that were given but just the fact that my "universal" remote isn't the best, I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't be compatible.

Any suggested codes and/or know of codes to program?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,437 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Same request over in Blu-raay hardware. Give the OT answers there.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

spam firewall