Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 722 DVR do not recognize satellite 110

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NarutoPR

NarutoPR

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi,

I'm desperately need help from the expert.

I recently rent a new house and i bring my VIP 722 DVR with me. The previous owner used to have a VIP 722k DVR perfectly working and receiving all channels and satellites. I plug my VIP 722 DVR and It did't work. I can see the programming but there is not enough signal to see the channels; I only see the programming. I have verify signal strength for the satellites and I noticed that satellite 110 is to recognize or does not have strength. The previous owner connected back their VIP 722k DVR to verify if everything is fine and as we check he was able to see both satellites and all channels. Is there any help to determine why my VIP 722 DVR is not recognizing satellite 110 and the previous owner can see everything with his VIP 722k DVR.

With the VIP 722 I can see satellite 119 with good signal strength but i'm not able to see the 110 satellite. I'm frustrated because when i connect the VIP 722k DVR everything is perfect.
could it be related to incorrect connection or different LNB?

Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi,

I'm desperately need help from the expert.

I recently rent a new house and i bring my VIP 722 DVR with me. The previous owner used to have a VIP 722k DVR perfectly working and receiving all channels and satellites. I plug my VIP 722 DVR and It did't work. I can see the programming but there is not enough signal to see the channels; I only see the programming. I have verify signal strength for the satellites and I noticed that satellite 110 is to recognize or does not have strength. The previous owner connected back their VIP 722k DVR to verify if everything is fine and as we check he was able to see both satellites and all channels. Is there any help to determine why my VIP 722 DVR is not recognizing satellite 110 and the previous owner can see everything with his VIP 722k DVR.

With the VIP 722 I can see satellite 119 with good signal strength but i'm not able to see the 110 satellite. I'm frustrated because when i connect the VIP 722k DVR everything is perfect.
could it be related to incorrect connection or different LNB?

Thanks,

Run a checkswitch on his receiver when connected and see if 110 still shows up. If not , there is your problem. Run a checkswitch on your box as well. I bet you are seeing 110 listed because its saved in the matrix. I think running a checkswitch on his box will point you to the dish as the culprit.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Run switch matrix check first.

#4 OFFLINE   NarutoPR

NarutoPR

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

sorry to ask but what does means running a switch matrix check?

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

check the button on that screen with signal level in install menu

#6 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

sorry to ask but what does means running a switch matrix check?

Menu 6-1-1 Point Dish, Checkswitch.

#7 OFFLINE   oljim

oljim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

with a 722 you should have 110,119 and 129
This finger was not made to press 1 for english

spam firewall