Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

$5.00 for the new Dodgers channel.

• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I have DirecTV, i also wouldn't pay for the Dodgers, why? Because i live in LA and can watch every game for free on my HDTV courtesy of TWC. I watched the Dodgers live from Australia this past weekend. It's the same broadcast as TWC.

There is an easy way to maintain DirecTV (which i love) AND watch live Dodger games here in LA. 

Huh?  I don't understand this.  Do you also have cable TV from TWC?  I have their internet and don't get any channels.  Are you sure you weren't watching on MLB Network?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I have DirecTV, i also wouldn't pay for the Dodgers, why? Because i live in LA and can watch every game for free on my HDTV courtesy of TWC. I watched the Dodgers live from Australia this past weekend. It's the same broadcast as TWC.
There is an easy way to maintain DirecTV (which i love) AND watch live Dodger games here in LA.

The MLB broadcast had MLB announcers, not TWC.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#203 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Huh?  I don't understand this.  Do you also have cable TV from TWC?  I have their internet and don't get any channels.  Are you sure you weren't watching on MLB Network?

Am i allowed to post the website? It's free. When i check in to see the Dodgers on the channel, all i do is wait for the ads to clear, around 30 seconds. I also avoid the "need plugin" message, and then in about a minute, i click the full screen box and voila. 

If you leave the site during a commercial you must do the same process as before.I mentioned it's a Dodgers TWC feed because Vin Scully was announcing.

#204 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

The MLB broadcast had MLB announcers, not TWC.

I am now watching the Atlanta Braves broadcast, it's in the 8th inning. I am watching the game on my 55" HDTV. The broadcasts are not in HiDef but clear to me and it's free. Just bypass the plugins message and 30 second ad and you're good to go.

The Dodgers games are from TWC.

The Atlanta Braves, on now, is from the Atlanta Braves broadcast, not MLB.

I am in LA and not sure about other areas like the Valley, Riverside County, etc, but i'm sure it will work the same.

Edited by lipcrkr, 24 March 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#205 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Ah you are watching an illegal Internet broadcast.

#206 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Oh and the MLB channel broadcast was blacked out in Los Angeles this past weekend.

#207 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Ah you are watching an illegal Internet broadcast.

Nope. Just enter Dodgers streaming and the website comes up. There's no Dodger games till Thursday and the Braves game is just about over, so you have to wait till tomorrow to see games.The website is named what Clayton Kershaw does frequently......LOL.

#208 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hmmmm.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#209 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Like I said. An illegal web site that has illegal broadcasts of the games. These games are not meant to be seen freely by anyone with Internet or mlbtv wouldn't cost anything.

#210 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,224 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Nope. Just enter Dodgers streaming and the website comes up. There's no Dodger games till Thursday and the Braves game is just about over, so you have to wait till tomorrow to see games.The website is named what Clayton Kershaw does frequently......LOL.

Watch live streaming Los Angeles Dodgers games online all season long with MLB.TV.
http://losangeles.do...roducts&c_id=la

If you're talking about any other site STOP or you may lose your ability to post on our site.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#211 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

And that mlbtv, James, won't work for locals in market.

#212 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

And that mlbtv, James, won't work for locals in market.

It works about 90 mins after the broadcast is over though, so if you don't watch live most of the time anyway (like me) MLB.TV works just fine in market.  Also helps that I don't watch the Dodgers unless they're playing a team I like. 

#213 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Wait so someone in Los Angeles can watch the Los Angeles feed after the game is over? I wonder if it's a glitch in the system that will get fixed before the season really begins.

#214 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,224 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Wait so someone in Los Angeles can watch the Los Angeles feed after the game is over? I wonder if it's a glitch in the system that will get fixed before the season really begins.

Please see the link in my last post ...
"If a game is blacked out in an area, it is not available for live game viewing. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within an area subject to blackout, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game."
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#215 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Nope, that's the blackout rule they've always used.

"If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within an area subject to a regular season blackout, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game."

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...aq_blackout.jsp

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#216 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

Interesting. I'd appreciate it if someone can check that after the season has begun. So does this mean everyone has been getting the philys games all these years that have DIRECTV? This is a new situation since ei is tied with mlbtv this year correct? That may cause some interesting things and provide a big loophole to Time Warner Cable fight to get this channel on DIRECTV. DIRECTV could simply offer big discounts or even offer for free ei to the subs who are really having an issue with this and many would likely be fine with that compromise.

#217 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Interesting. I'd appreciate it if someone can check that after the season has begun. So does this mean everyone has been getting the philys games all these years that have DIRECTV? This is a new situation since ei is tied with mlbtv this year correct? That may cause some interesting things and provide a big loophole to Time Warner Cable fight to get this channel on DIRECTV. DIRECTV could simply offer big discounts or even offer for free ei to the subs who are really having an issue with this and many would likely be fine with that compromise.

That could happen. CSN, nor the phillies, own the internet rights to games. MLB does. MLB does not have an argument with directv. If they deliver pure MLB.tv without any pullbacks, it will happen. Of course, the value is diminished because it is not live.

#218 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Of course, the value is diminished because it is not live.

Yes, I have a feeling that will be a non-starter with people who really care about the issue -- "you can watch the game on-demand 90 minutes after its conclusion" probably wouldn't be good enough for most sports fans.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#219 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

That could happen. CSN, nor the phillies, own the internet rights to games. MLB does. MLB does not have an argument with directv. If they deliver pure MLB.tv without any pullbacks, it will happen. Of course, the value is diminished because it is not live.

But do they have the Phillis home feed and the Dodgers home feed. If so and not the out if market which actually does make sense because it's mlb running it then that's great.

#220 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

But do they have the Phillis home feed and the Dodgers home feed. If so and not the out if market which actually does make sense because it's mlb running it then that's great.

Yes, they have every feed for every game.  You can even overlay home or away team's radio broadcasts over the video when you watch on a computer (not sure that ability has been added to the mobile apps yet).  

Protected By... spam firewall...And...