Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBSTalk Quick Look: Nomad Spring 2013 Software

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

I just hooked my brother-in-law up to the Internet, and he is now interested in nomad/geniego. I have a couple of questions, though.

He has a single receiver (HR-24) with SWM setup. I connected his receiver using a powerline connection. So far, everything is working great (iPad app, on demand content, etc.). He asked me about the nomad feature that allows you to watch shows from your DVR list instantly on the iPad. If his wife is watching a recorded show on the living room receiver, would he still be able to watch a recorded show via nomad on the iPad in his bedroom? I think that works, but want to be sure.
DirecTV Customer Since 1997

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,885 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

nomad / GenieGo has 2 methods of watching. . .  you can stream any dvr recording (even a current recording w/o trickplay) or you can watch recordings that have been copied to the client.

If the wife is watching a recording directly from that dvr, it can still serve the same recording to nomad - to either transcode for download or to stream.  If she's watching it via MRV, someone will have to wait unless the DVR is a genie.  (can serve 3 clients)

Clear? 

Edit. . . I just re-read that it's only 1 dvr. . . so yes, she can watch and still have nomad stream it to the iPad.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#263 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ok, not sure where to ask this; I have had nomad for a few months. I am also one of the "can't wait for the android app" folks. Now that it's here, I downloaded to my GS3 today. However, my GS3 sees all of the receivers, but none of the recordings. I looked on my wife's iPad, same thing. DirecTV app for iPad works fine. Everything is tight, network wise , and I even used nomad just last week to load shows on the iPad for a trip.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by mrdobolina, 30 May 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#264 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Assuming you have 3 blue lights on Nomad, press and hold the red button on the black box for 30 secs.  That's a reset.  It won't affect any recordings in Nomad.  After all 3 blue lights return, re-launch your GenieGo/nomad apps.

The content should populate.

BTW. PPV, VOD,  and OTA won't show up in the recordings.

#265 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

That worked!  Thanks for the tip, NR4P!

#266 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Here's an odd problem that I just noticed today:  Nomad/Geniego apps are seeing some, but not all of the shows recorded on 3 DVRs.  This is happening on both my Android device (Samsung GSIII) and on an iPad with the updated iPhone app (new one that allows streaming out of home). I have checked all devices, and the filters on them are set to "All". Each device also sees all 3 of my HDDVRS.  However, the one thing I do notice is that the living room seems to be missing the most content on the Geniego apps.  The living room DVR (HR24-100) has mostly TV shows on it, while the apps seem to be showing mostly (but not exclusively) movies. 

I have already tried resetting the Geniego and uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the GSIII.  I DO NOT want to uninstall/reinstall on the iPad because I have shows on there already (those are fine) and my wife is about to travel with it. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#267 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,512 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Here's an odd problem that I just noticed today: Nomad/Geniego apps are seeing some, but not all of the shows recorded on 3 DVRs. This is happening on both my Android device (Samsung GSIII) and on an iPad with the updated iPhone app (new one that allows streaming out of home). I have checked all devices, and the filters on them are set to "All". Each device also sees all 3 of my HDDVRS. However, the one thing I do notice is that the living room seems to be missing the most content on the Geniego apps. The living room DVR (HR24-100) has mostly TV shows on it, while the apps seem to be showing mostly (but not exclusively) movies.

I have already tried resetting the Geniego and uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the GSIII. I DO NOT want to uninstall/reinstall on the iPad because I have shows on there already (those are fine) and my wife is about to travel with it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

The the bottom of post #264

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#268 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Not sure what you mean, Peds.  All of the content I am missing was there yesterday.  It's all shows I recorded off of my local channels (NOT OTA), I'm missing Justified episodes that were recorded off of FX on my basement DVR, even though movies that I recorded off of HBO during their free weekend 2 weeks ago on the same DVR do show up. 

I have a feeling I am going to have to uninstall all of the apps, restart all of the receivers and the Geniego, and then reinstall the apps.  Not looking forward to it. 

#269 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,512 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Not sure what you mean, Peds. All of the content I am missing was there yesterday. It's all shows I recorded off of my local channels (NOT OTA), I'm missing Justified episodes that were recorded off of FX on my basement DVR, even though movies that I recorded off of HBO during their free weekend 2 weeks ago on the same DVR do show up.

I have a feeling I am going to have to uninstall all of the apps, restart all of the receivers and the Geniego, and then reinstall the apps. Not looking forward to it.

Just making sure you knew the restrictions

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#270 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have now tried re-booting the DVR with the most content missing but that didn't work.  Going to try a 30 second Red Button Reset on the Geniego itself again. 

I'm wondering if this all has to do with the new features.  First thing I did when I came home was update the app on my wife's iPad.  That's when I first noticed things were missing from the playlist. 

#271 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

2nd 30 second RBR did the trick! 

#272 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

5 minutes later and they're gone again. 

Frustrated!  I'll let it hang out overnight and see what happens. 

#273 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Posted this at DTV Tech support forum.  Posting here because this site is usually more helpful.

Hello-

I have 3 DVRs (Living Room HR24-200, Basement HR23-100, & Bedroom HR22-100), SWiM setup, all connected to internet via WCCK. I also have a nomad/Geniego that I purchased 2-3 months ago that has, up until last night, been working flawlessly.

I have the geniego app on iPad, iPhone, 2 PCs and an Android phone (Samsung GS3). Again, up until last night everything worked flawlessly. All apps are set to see "All" content with all 3 DVRs enabled. None of the DVRs have ANY VOD, PPV or OTA shows (I don't even own a OTA module)

Here is the issue: None of the apps/geniego see anything from the HR24-200 (mostly TV shows/series) . On the HR23, apps/geniego only see the movies I have recorded, but none of the TV shows/series. On the HR22, the apps/Geniego see movies AND tv shows that I have recorded in the past.

I have tried powering down the geniego, and then restarting all of my DVRs. Didn't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. No luck. The one thing that does work is a 30 second Red Button Reset, but 5 minutes later, the shows and the HR24 fall back off of the app/geniego playlist.

Help!

#274 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Hall Of Flame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,738 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Perhaps unplug the GenieGo overnight. 

(And sacrifice one small chicken- which may be eaten after the ritual....)

good luck!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#275 OFFLINE   neysalmd

neysalmd

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Yup. Same problem as the rest of you. Seeing content from 3 of my 4 DVRs on my nomad/geniego (looking at both my laptop & itouch). The only one that is not being seen is the Genie DVR. Which, of course, has most of my content. Tried rebooting the Genie. Next step, I guess is rebooting the nomad.This is going to be a real problem if it doesn't get fixed.

Also, anyone know if they're going to update the pc version of the nomad program so we can live stream from outside the network on my laptop?

#276 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,181 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Yup. Same problem as the rest of you. Seeing content from 3 of my 4 DVRs on my nomad/geniego (looking at both my laptop & itouch). The only one that is not being seen is the Genie DVR. Which, of course, has most of my content. Tried rebooting the Genie. Next step, I guess is rebooting the nomad.This is going to be a real problem if it doesn't get fixed.

Also, anyone know if they're going to update the pc version of the nomad program so we can live stream from outside the network on my laptop?

Just in case you haven't already tried or checked...

- make sure the Genie external device prefs under Whole Home settings are all at "allow".

- press and hold the red reset button on the front of the GenieGo device for a little over 30 seconds. Then wait a minute or two and see if the Genie recordings now show in the client.

/steve

#277 OFFLINE   neysalmd

neysalmd

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Just in case you haven't already tried or checked...

- make sure the Genie external device prefs under Whole Home settings are all at "allow".

- press and hold the red reset button on the front of the GenieGo device for a little over 30 seconds. Then wait a minute or two and see if the Genie recordings now show in the client.

Weirdly enough, before I had a chance to reboot the nomad, the genie showed up.

#278 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 262 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Perhaps unplug the GenieGo overnight. 

(And sacrifice one small chicken- which may be eaten after the ritual....)

good luck!

I actually tried that (sans the chicken) and it didn't work. Peds recommended a 60 second RBR of the geniego and that did the trick!

spam firewall