Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sling - My Recordings List Mixed Up

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

When I view MyDVR's recordings from my iPad, iPhone, dishanywhere.com, dishonline.com the recordings list is all mixed up. When I go to play a recording (let's say 60 Minutes) it will actually be a completely different show. This is only remotely, when I view the dvr everything appears correctly. Resetting the network does nothing. Resetting the sling adapter (unplug/replug)does nothing. If I do a reset to the dvr the list temporarily corrects itself but will be mixed up the next day. Another weird thing is sometimes during the day the remote list s fine and later that day it's mixed up.

I have been through most of the support channels and I always get different answers. I had a tech come out this week and he eventually called into advanced support. They told him that maybe an account reset might fix it. They also said they hadn't seen this problem before. Today I called and got put through to advanced tech support. The lady I talked to said this is a known issue and there is no fix yet. She also said there is no such thing as an account reset. Needless to say I'm super frustrated. I don't know what else to do.

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

When I view MyDVR's recordings from my iPad, iPhone, dishanywhere.com, dishonline.com the recordings list is all mixed up. When I go to play a recording (let's say 60 Minutes) it will actually be a completely different show. This is only remotely, when I view the dvr everything appears correctly. Resetting the network does nothing. Resetting the sling adapter (unplug/replug)does nothing. If I do a reset to the dvr the list temporarily corrects itself but will be mixed up the next day. Another weird thing is sometimes during the day the remote list s fine and later that day it's mixed up.

I have been through most of the support channels and I always get different answers. I had a tech come out this week and he eventually called into advanced support. They told him that maybe an account reset might fix it. They also said they hadn't seen this problem before. Today I called and got put through to advanced tech support. The lady I talked to said this is a known issue and there is no fix yet. She also said there is no such thing as an account reset. Needless to say I'm super frustrated. I don't know what else to do.

Try another browser or clearing cach/cookies. The wrong event playing is most likely the last channel viewed from the receiver and the commands to tell the dvr event to play aren't being received by the receiver or the test are wrong and site isn't loading correctly.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,765 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

you need DVR reset, not an account ... make cold reboot - disconnect its power cord for 30 sec

#4 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

@someguy
Definitely not cache/cookies problem. I have deleted the app from the ipad (which deletes all associated data). I've also tried on different browsers on my PC with cleared cache/cookies. One of the symptoms is the actual titles showing wrong also not just the actual playing of the event being wrong.

@P Smith
I have done a cold boot (unplugged for 5 min). This did the same thing as the reboot (temporary fix). But the next day it was back to being mixed up.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,765 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

you hit a bug, what could be cured at customer's side by cold rebooting

you have two options:
- just wait, if they will get reports enough to fix the bug
- you could call and demand to fix it by open a ticket for SW dept, etc

#6 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

This happened to me also some time ago. Reboot everything. It'll get fixed.

#7 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

This happened to me also some time ago. Reboot everything. It'll get fixed.

EVERYTHING (router, modem, Hopper, sling adapter) has been rebooted, shutdown, left turned off MANY times in the last 3-4 months this has been happening. Still not resolved.

I spent some time on the phone yesterday with adv. support. He was saying that it sounds like "my key" is corrupt. He then said the account needs to be reset but that might take up to a week. That was also told to the onsite tech that came out Friday.

A funny side note is when I called adv support on Mon I got a lady that really just wanted me off the phone. She said it's a known issue and it will get fixed with a sw update. She also said that there is no such thing as an account reset. She said that's it there is nothing more that can be done. She didn't even take the time to troubleshoot. When I asked her to log into my DVR to see what I was seeing she said "I can't, they dont let us watch TV". LOL, she wasn't very helpful at all although most of the adv support are. If I wasn't just about to eat dinner I would have asked for her supervisor.

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,765 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

that might take up to a week

Oh boy ! Another BS ...

#9 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Oh boy ! Another BS ...

I hope not. I really want this resolved. I'm the CTO in my family and this is making me look bad

#10 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Are they really that concerned with the list not being in order?

#11 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Are they really that concerned with the list not being in order?

It's not that they are out of order. It's when I select a title it plays something else or it's missing completely.

#12 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's not that they are out of order. It's when I select a title it plays something else or it's missing completely.

Mine doesn't do that, you may want a replacement receiver to see if that helps.

#13 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Mine doesn't do that, you may want a replacement receiver to see if that helps.

Nobody (at dish) thinks it's a receiver issue. I'm not so sure.
Does anyone know if there is a way to completely wipe a Hopper? Maybe a corrupt setting.

Edited by rstark18, 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Nobody (at dish) thinks it's a receiver issue. Minor so sure.
Does anyone know if there is a way to completely wipe a Hopper? Maybe a corrupt setting.

No there isn't. You can reset factory defaults but its not a full wipe. Here is a way to test if its a DishAnywhere issue, go to Dishonline.com and log in be see if the same issue occurs.

#15 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

No there isn't. You can reset factory defaults but its not a full wipe. Here is a way to test if its a DishAnywhere issue, go to Dishonline.com and log in be see if the same issue occurs.

Yes my problem is with ALL remote viewing (Dishonline.com, dishanywhere.com, iPad app, iPhone app).

#16 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Odd, I don't have this issue and haven't seen any other posts bout this. i would personally try a replacement receiver if I had this issue since it seems to only be affecting you.

#17 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Odd, I don't have this issue and haven't seen any other posts bout this. i would personally try a replacement receiver if I had this issue since it seems to only be affecting you.

After A LOT of searching I found one other person with this exact same problem over on the dishnetwork.com forums. I PM'd him and he said it resolved itself after a week or two. I will wait out their advice about the account reset taking a week and after that request a new receiver.

#18 OFFLINE   mminasian

mminasian

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

I registered for this forum just to reply. I am having the exact same issue. As far as I can tell there are two issues. One seems to be a database problem. When the web application/mobile application reads the titles off of the dvr, something is out of line.

For others who haven't seen the issue, basically you'll have an entry with the artwork and show title of one show, but the episode title of a different show on the dvr. Sometimes clicking on the link will play one of those two shows, sometimes its a different one entirely!!

As you can see below:
Posted Image

The first episode says "The colbert Report" but it has the jeopardy logo, and episode name "Teen Tournament."

The second entry is The layover logo with The layover episode names "Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta," but the title of jeopardy.

Now clicking the first one, titled Teen Tournament plays a random music channel with blank video.

Clicking on "Seattle" plays the Jeopardy Teen Tournament.

WHAT GIVES!? I haven't bothered calling yet as I assumed it was like this for most / all. It's definitely a software issue, but I assumed it would work itself out.

I have the original Hopper w/ a sling adapter. A version of this issue ALSO occurred on dishonline.com.

If anyone has ideas or a way to get dish to fix this, I'm all ears.

The other strange thing. The season/episode number is correct, however the length matches the show title. For instance, the three Layover listed episodes are the right episode names, the right episode numbers, but the wrong length (it's a one hour show).
All I wanted to do was watch the layover, but I'm not sure which if any of the episodes to click to get it to work...

Edited by mminasian, 05 February 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   rstark18

rstark18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I registered for this forum just to reply. I am having the exact same issue. As far as I can tell there are two issues. One seems to be a database problem. When the web application/mobile application reads the titles off of the dvr, something is out of line.

For others who haven't seen the issue, basically you'll have an entry with the artwork and show title of one show, but the episode title of a different show on the dvr. Sometimes clicking on the link will play one of those two shows, sometimes its a different one entirely!!

As you can see below:
Posted Image

The first episode says "The colbert Report" but it has the jeopardy logo, and episode name "Teen Tournament."

The second entry is The layover logo with The layover episode names "Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta," but the title of jeopardy.

Now clicking the first one, titled Teen Tournament plays a random music channel with blank video.

Clicking on "Seattle" plays the Jeopardy Teen Tournament.

WHAT GIVES!? I haven't bothered calling yet as I assumed it was like this for most / all. It's definitely a software issue, but I assumed it would work itself out.

I have the original Hopper w/ a sling adapter. A version of this issue ALSO occurred on dishonline.com.

If anyone has ideas or a way to get dish to fix this, I'm all ears.

All I wanted to do was watch the layover, but I'm not sure which if any of the episodes to click to get it to work...

Nice write up. I was too lazy too show screen captures but this is exactly the issue. I have a case open with dish currently where they said there engineers are "rebuilding" my account. They think some s/w key is corrupt. They said it might take up to a week so I'm waiting until Wed or Thur to call back. So far it's not fixed.
If you open a call to dish please tell them I am having the exact same problem and point them to this thread.

spam firewall