Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper skip and Joey shut off...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomGallopavo

TomGallopavo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I am happy with my new installation of a Hopper and two Joeys. I do have two problems, one is that when I record a program or just pause a program, when I skip forward there is a 6 second or so delay in the audio. It is inconsistent but if I'm skipping commercials it is almost always when I get back to the program, very annoying as I have to jump back. I have read here that others have had this problem and am wondering if there is a solution besides getting a new Hopper.

Secondly I have a Joey in the bedroom. I have two timers set if I fall asleep watching tv, one turns on a quiet music channel at 11 pm, the second timer turns on ESPN at 5am that I use as an alarm. The problem is the Joey turns off sometime during the night. I went into the settings and set it it not turn off under updates I think. Any other settings that I am missing?

Thank You!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

your H rebooting each night as mandatory action to clear bug's "residue" ... J cannot run w/out H

#3 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Try setting a second timer for the music for 1:30 am. The nightly update happens at 1:00 am, so starting up again at 1:30 should do the trick.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

spam firewall