Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot get C31 to work with component input on TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redzr1

redzr1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I just had the Genie DVR installed with three C31 clients last weekend. One of the TVs that I connected up is 6-8 year old Mitsubishi projection TV that only has component inputs and no HDMI inputs. I am able to view 1080i resolution on all three of the inputs from either my XBOX 360 or BlueRay player, but cannot get the C31 client to output 1080i to it using the H2510PIN cable. I do not have information right now on the specific Mitsubishi model, but can post later.

When I go to the Video setup menu and select 1080i, there is video able to be seen on the TV (although it looks to be SD instead of HD) and the TV indicates it is receiving a 1080i signal. Once I press the 'Info' button to indicate video is viewable, the TV display flickers and then indicates it is receiving a 480P signal instead of the 1080i it previously displayed.

Any insight on how I can get this TV with only component inputs to work with the C31? Is there something I am not doing properly in setup?

Can any of the cables out there that have a HDMI male on one end that then breaks out to component and video RCA plugs be used instead of the H2510PIN? My guess is that I cannot go that route due to the signal into the TV being digital instead of analog.

What about using an HDMI to component converter? Can I use one of these connected to the C31 with an HDMI cable and connecting from it to the TV with a set of component cables? I would expect that this will do nothing different than what is already supported out of the 10 pin connector and using the H2510PIN cable.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

On the video setup screen for resolutions, does the 1080i show it's selected as a supported resolution?

If so what happens when you cycle the format button on the remote?
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   redzr1

redzr1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

On the video setup screen for resolutions, does the 1080i show it's selected as a supported resolution?

If so what happens when you cycle the format button on the remote?

After I press the 'Info' button, there is a check mark shown in the box to the left of 1080i, but the TV display indicates at that point that it is only getting a 480P signal at that point. I take this as it being an accepted supported resolution.

Do I need to cycle the format button to change the output of the C31 from 480P to 1080i at that point? Setup of all the boxes was done by the DirecTV tech, but he did not have the H2510PIN cable on his truck to get this TV set up right.

#4 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

After I press the 'Info' button, there is a check mark shown in the box to the left of 1080i, but the TV display indicates at that point that it is only getting a 480P signal at that point. I take this as it being an accepted supported resolution.

Do I need to cycle the format button to change the output of the C31 from 480P to 1080i at that point? Setup of all the boxes was done by the DirecTV tech, but he did not have the H2510PIN cable on his truck to get this TV set up right.

You either need to manually change the resolution [cycling the format on the remote] if you don't have native on, or change to a 1080i channel if you have native on.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   redzr1

redzr1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

You either need to manually change the resolution [cycling the format on the remote] if you don't have native on, or change to a 1080i channel if you have native on.

Native resolution was turned off. Turned native resolution on and Hd is working correctly. Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...