Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PTAT HD Networks pixelation issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OinkinOregon

OinkinOregon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Has anyone noticed pixelation coming from the PTAT networks. The 4 HD networks on all of my Hoppers are having issues. My signal strength on the 129 TS 14 is averaging 47 while the rest of the transponders are averaging upper 50's

Please post what signal strength you are seeing on Sat 129 TS 14 and the location you live in.

I have had the techs out and they have swapped out all of the wiring and DISH components and it has not helped. I think that the Satellite is weak on this transponder and that there is nothing the techs can do to resolve.

Thanks in advance. :D

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Has anyone noticed pixelation coming from the PTAT networks. The 4 HD networks on all of my Hoppers are having issues. My signal strength on the 129 TS 14 is averaging 47 while the rest of the transponders are averaging upper 50's

Please post what signal strength you are seeing on Sat 129 TS 14 and the location you live in.

I have had the techs out and they have swapped out all of the wiring and DISH components and it has not helped. I think that the Satellite is weak on this transponder and that there is nothing the techs can do to resolve.

Thanks in advance. :D

This may sound dumb, but turn to a random channel, ex.ch105 USA, then just type in the local channel number and see if it pixels. Try doing this instead of using the guide and see if it makes a difference. Also, what market are you in?

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

your signal is enough to support HD flawless, continue your investigation: check HDD, whole H functionality, etc

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

You aren't the only one reporting this and I'm sure it's not the hard drive,

#5 OFFLINE   OinkinOregon

OinkinOregon

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

This may sound dumb, but turn to a random channel, ex.ch105 USA, then just type in the local channel number and see if it pixels. Try doing this instead of using the guide and see if it makes a difference. Also, what market are you in?

We have been seeing the pixelation mostly on recording from the PTAT recordings, however this past weekend I was watching golf live for hours and the pixelation is happening live.

Since both Hoppers are reading 47 and the techs meter was reading 47.

I am not going to entertain swapping out receivers when all of the equipment is reporting the same numbers and both Hoppers are pixelating.

I guess I will live with it until enough people complain and Dish does something.

#6 OFFLINE   OinkinOregon

OinkinOregon

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

What market are you in?

I am in Eugene Oregon.

#7 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Dish is already investigating reports of pixeling locals on H/J. I just passed this info along to Dish and your DMA is being looked into.

Edited by some guy, 31 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...