Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Military Channel HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

does anyone think that Dish will be adding the military Channel in HD anytime soon?

Thanks

Bluegras

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just ask DIRT to request it for you, I haven't heard of any talk about it coming in HD.

#3 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

i tried that before and i am having no such luck at getting the channel added in HD.if some people would like to contact DIRT go right ahead that will be fine with me.Thanks

Bluegras

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

The more people requesting a specific channel, the more likely it will get picked up. I'm sure they have to justify a demand for the channel before they shell out a bunch of money to carry it.

#5 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

thats what i was wondering about if they would like to pick up the military Channel HD.that is my favorite channel and the number one channel that i want to see added in HD.

#6 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

The more demand, the more likely it'll have a chance of being carried. They track requests and use that info. I would like Military in HD as well. Lots of great shows.

#7 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

i am hoping that they add the channel too i keep sending in my requests for the channel
i wonder how many of you folks are there on the forum would like to see the Military Channel added in HD please let DIRT know about it.

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,114 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

There seems to be an echo in here.

#9 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

sorry about that James if you would like to see the military Channel added contact one of the DIRT or contact Dish Network maybe they will do something about it.

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

i tried that before and i am having no such luck at getting the channel added in HD.if some people would like to contact DIRT go right ahead that will be fine with me.Thanks

Bluegras

If you're on Facebook, you can ask there.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...