Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

trying to isolate two HR21's for whole home...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crudeau

crudeau

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hey all. Directv came and replaced an HR21 for me today, bad tuner. While he was here he came me a dcck kit that I don't think I needed on my hr21 but no i have pandaora on a few other dvrs in the house, none work because He only put the ethernet cable from the dcck to my hr21 so no coax internet.

My question though is this...
We live in a mother/daughter house. Share one directv account and one dish. I want to use whole home in my bedroom and living but not give the whole house access to my dvrs. Maybe even give them there own whole home setup. We already have our own routers that do not talk to each other. We do share the same 6x8 multiswtich. What are my options here? I can't confirm but I think I need to run to multiswitchs with some sort of filter in between them? Then I should I have isolated two networks? any truth there. Or can I just use the ethernet jacks on my hr21s and direct to my router without any dcck gear?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,659 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

If you're indeed on a 6x8 multswitch (two coax to each HR2x), and have separate routers for your mother / daughter. all you need is ethernet from each router to the individual HR2xs you want to share.

Perhaps a diagram or more info on the individual HRs would help.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...