Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Some playlist issues following recent Genie and whole home install.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   montag

montag

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Here's the setup: HR34 in family room, HR24 in Bedroom, and HR24 in basement. HR34 and whole home setup setup this past Sunday.

Everything has been working fine with the exception of a few issues.

Issue #1: Not all recorded programs are visible on every DVR. For example, I have a Seinfeld setup to record on the bedroom dvr and there are always 5 episodes on that dvr. When I look at my playlist from the family room and basement dvr, Seinfeld is not on the list. Other recorded programs from the bedroom dvr do show up on the other dvr's. Another example, Undercover Boss on basement playlist but is not on playlist of family room or bedroom. Any idea what is going on here?

Issue #2: When I view the playlist, some shows have a red circle with a slash going though it and a message stating "This program cannot be played at this time. Bedroom Playlist is already in use." What the heck does that mean?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,900 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Be sure under the Whole Home settings of the settings Menu that everything is set to be shared.

The red circle with the slash means that DVR is busy sharing something already. Only one stream per HR2x, three for a 34..

If the red circle persists when that dvr isn't busy, try a menu reset

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,666 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Be sure under the Whole Home settings of the settings Menu that everything is set to be shared.

On each/all of the units.

Also, you have 9 tuners with the equipment you have. Did the installer put in an SWM16 mutliswitch, or did he use the SWM LNB (single coax coming down from the dish)? If the latter, you could also run into problems with too many tuners being used if they were all to be used at the same time.

#4 OFFLINE   montag

montag

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, I now understand the streaming limits of each dvr.

Sharing playlist is activated on all 3 dvr's so I'm still stumped as to why programs are not visible universally.

spam firewall