Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR21-100 Dying?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

My HR21-100 is showing code 14-767.I found the thread on the error codes. http://www.dbstalk.c...125#post2260125

and also found this in the thread: Code 14 indicates trouble communicating with the hard disk drive while 15 indicates the drive is accessible but does not pass integrity tests. For 14, reboot the box and see if the problems continue. For 15 replace the box. Generally boxes showing a code 14 will soon begin showing code 15. These issues may also lead to a code 21 at bootup. Normally they all indicate the receiver should be replaced.

I can't find what the 767 stands for in the error code. Anyone had this code before?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I have read that the fist number is the error code and the second number is the location of the where the error was found.
I can't verify that. Some of the more experienced on here can.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Put the thing in diagnostics mode and run all the tests and you will find out what's wrong. To do this, restart the DVR and when the message "running receiver diagnostic" (or something similar) appears onscreen quickly press SELECT on the remote. A detailed diagnostic menu should appear.

This menu lets you reformat the HDD if that shows up as the problem. The reformat routine on your DVR actually tries to preserve the recordings and settings so you shouldn't lose anything.

If the HDD is indeed dying, I'd just replace it rather than going through the exercise in frustration involved in getting a replacement from DirecTV even though it may cost a few bucks more. You never know what reconditioned clunker DirecTV may send you!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Update: Well the hardrive finally bit the dust diagnostic test (short and long) once a week over the last 3 weeks showed nothing until the code came up.Bought a external drive today and everything back up working normally. Thanks everyone for your help!

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,451 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Update: Well the hardrive finally bit the dust diagnostic test (short and long) once a week over the last 3 weeks showed nothing until the code came up.Bought a external drive today and everything back up working normally. Thanks everyone for your help!

Getting an external drive usually solves this problem.

Rich

spam firewall