Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How can customer service reps not have access to fedex.com

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Darth is correct CSR's have access to both fedex.com and usps.com and track packages to and from your home...its a very simple process

Then why did a DirecTV supervisor tell the OP that he could not view the tracking information?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Then why did a DirecTV supervisor tell the OP that he could not view the tracking information?

every response that comes to mind is not one I can post

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#43 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

It is only done after a reasonable amount of time has passed. The customer has a responsibility to make sure it is returned. If it hasn't been, they can simply contact DirecTV and provide them with proof that it was shipped before a non-return charge is ever applied. I have no problem with people suggesting the process needs to be improved, but I have an issue with consumers who take no responsibility.

I had an issue with techs who took a replaced DVR with them and apparently didn't return it to DirecTV in a timely fashion. I was charged well over $200 and it took several months to get the billing straightened out.

That was five years ago; apparently the return process still needs improvement.:nono2:
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#44 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

...and then deactivated the HR23, and asked for a box to be sent to me for the bad HR23.
I got the box a few days later and noticed the return label was for the working H24 in the bedroom instead of the HR23.

That was your mistake. You should have ordered the return kit before you deactivated the HR23.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#45 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Keep in mind this is not just D*. It's obvious, and has been stated, they are also working with Fedex and USPS. If D*'s system requires that Fedex or USPS notify them when a package has been processed for return and they fail to give them this notification, how is all the blame on D*?

I will agree that there are times when the system fails, as many automated systems do from time to time, but I agree with Darth. If a bill is hundreds of dollars higher than what it should be, it is on the customer to call in for the correction. The competent CSR is another story. As the OP said, he talked to someone who did not even know they could access the Fedex website.

#46 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

The competent CSR is another story. As the OP said, he talked to someone who did not even know they could access the Fedex website.

The OP also stated he talked to the CSR's supervisor who didn't know how to access the shipping status. Was the 'supervisor' a real supervisor or just someone the CSR handed the phone to in order to get the OP off the phone?

I love my DirecTV and I can't imagine a scenario where we would shift to another provider. But at times (and I'd say less than 10% of my dealings since 1998), it is frustrating as can be.

#47 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

You would have to ask that "supervisor" ..I can't imagine why that would be deemed correct information for an entry level CSR much less a supervisor.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#48 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

The OP also stated he talked to the CSR's supervisor who didn't know how to access the shipping status. Was the 'supervisor' a real supervisor or just someone the CSR handed the phone to in order to get the OP off the phone?

I love my DirecTV and I can't imagine a scenario where we would shift to another provider. But at times (and I'd say less than 10% of my dealings since 1998), it is frustrating as can be.

I would hope against it, but as much as we deal with level 1 CSR roulette, I can only imagine there is, we'll say, level 2 CSR/supervisor roulette. Maybe he just wanted to back up the CSR to make OP feel confident they knew what they were doing, even if they were in training.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...