Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS renewed for 11th Season

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,407 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I still can't quite put my finger on why, but my wife and I both still love this show. From the news release:

CBS announced today a new contract extension for NCIS star and executive producer Mark Harmon, and that the U.S. and global ratings phenomenon NCIS has been renewed for the 2013-2014 season.

"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," said Leslie Moonves, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Corporation. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today’s global content ecosystem – high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."

Currently in its 10th season, NCIS continues to hit ratings milestones. This season, for the first time ever, it ranks as television's #1 program (ahead of Sunday Night Football). NCIS is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up +7% over last year and is the highest-rated drama among adults 25-54 (5.9/15), while averaging 4.2/12 in adults 18-49. The series delivered its second-largest live plus same day audience on Jan. 15, averaging 22.86 million viewers. That total soared to 25.36 million viewers with L+3 day lift, marking the first NCIS broadcast to deliver more than 25 million viewers with live plus 3-day lift or live plus 7-day lift.

NCIS is also an international hit, licensed in more than 200 markets. It is the #1 series on M6 in France, the #1 U.S. series on Rai2 in Italy and the #2 U.S. series overall, the #1 U.S. series on TV3 in Sweden, the #2 U.S. series on LaSexta in Spain, the #2 U.S. drama on Network Ten in Australia and the #3 U.S. series on Sat1 in Germany.

In domestic syndication, NCIS is broadcast on USA Network and ranks as cable's #1 off-network drama.

NCIS premiered on CBS in 2003-2004. Since its debut, NCIS's ratings have steadily climbed, finishing 2008-2009 ranked fifth among all primetime programs. During the 2009-2010 season it became the #1 drama/scripted program on television, and has remained the #1 drama ever since.

NCIS stars Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum. Gary Glasberg, Chas. Floyd Johnson, Mark Horowitz, Mark Harmon, Shane Brennan, George Schenck, Frank Cardea and Donald P. Bellisario are executive producers for Belisarius Productions in association with CBS Television Studios.

Mark Harmon is represented by Paradigm and attorney Barry Axelrod.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,274 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I had no idea NCIS was that popular. I like the show but find it difficult to watch due to the slightly out-of-focus filtering of the image. My eyes start hurting as soon as it starts. No, it's not my display (42" Vizio). NCIS is the only HD show I watch that does that.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#3 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

It's a great series with clever writing. What gets me is how they get away with killing off main and recurring characters while maintaing it's popularity.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#4 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

I had no idea NCIS was that popular. I like the show but find it difficult to watch due to the slightly out-of-focus filtering of the image. My eyes start hurting as soon as it starts. No, it's not my display (42" Vizio). NCIS is the only HD show I watch that does that.

+ 1, I thought that I was the only one with that issue.....

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

#5 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Definitely a "funky" look. Like other things, takes some getting used to. Remember Barnaby Jones? I believe it was shot on reversal film. It looked funny, even on a 1971 vintage 12" color "portable" TV, and even funkier on a then-contemporary 17" instant-on RCA set.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...