Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   selfdbs

selfdbs

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hello i was wondering how would i go about installing a dish onto balcony railing i have see and heard about using a u-mount bracket to attach to the railing of a balcony but dont know where to get a u-mount bracket so i can install the dish

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,304 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

It sort of depends on the type of balcony railing and the apparment management. Techs use something like this.

http://www.summitsou...CFQ45nAodgnwAow
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   Michael H..

Michael H..

Legend

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hello i was wondering how would i go about installing a dish onto balcony railing i have see and heard about using a u-mount bracket to attach to the railing of a balcony but dont know where to get a u-mount bracket so i can install the dish

Alternative:
If the railing has a rectangular cross section.
I picked up a couple of these a few years back for ~$35 each.
Highly recommend.
Steren Mount

#4 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

The mount that samrs posted is designed for wooden posts - if your balcony just has a metal railing it won't be strong enough to handle the wind loading on the slimline dish and you would need to use a non-penetrating mount on the balcony floor.

#5 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

The mount that samrs posted is designed for wooden posts - if your balcony just has a metal railing it won't be strong enough to handle the wind loading on the slimline dish and you would need to use a non-penetrating mount on the balcony floor.

The rail mount is not just intended for wood it can be used on either.

Attached Files

#6 OFFLINE   selfdbs

selfdbs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

well my belcony is a metal one and what i was trying to get at is if i could find a local place that someone could tell me where i could get a 'U' bolt for 1.25" (32mm) diameter pole or smaller

Posted Image

reason why im asking is cause my last installer used something like this and i have been seening them installed just that way my question is would any local place carry something like this?

#7 OFFLINE   selfdbs

selfdbs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Nevermind i found where to get and thanks for everyone helping me out

Protected By... spam firewall...And...