Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Multi sport package and Entertainment package

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hi, if you have the entertainment package and you subscribe to the multisport package will you then get your local RSN, or will it still be blacked out since you only have the entertainment package?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Stephen - are you a D* subscriber? I've never heard of those packages.

#3 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

are you talking about entertainment and sports pack or the different league packages
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#4 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Entertainment and sports pack.

#5 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

yes you will get the local RSN(s) and no there are no blackouts on the sports pack for the LOCAL area (obviously blackouts on pro sports out of area)

#6 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

just confirmed. Was speaking to retention and they added it to my account "for me to verify" and my local RSN shows up just fine

I told the rep I'd keep it for a month to try it out

#7 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

That is good news. What do you think the odds are that I can get them to give me programming credits to cover it for the MLB season.

#8 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I assume for the Indians games because all out of market games are blacked out

#9 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yep

#10 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Half of the point of the sports pack is to allow subscribers to keep a mid to low end package and maintain their regional sports networks. The other portion would be to allow you to pick up out of market channels(generally only useful for college sports) and channels like beIN sports, Fox Soccer Channel, and Universal Sports. Your other option is to just add Choice for your base package which includes your regional sports networks. After February 7, the Choice package will be $65.99/mo which will be $11 more than the Entertainment package but will give you ESPN U, ESPN News, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big10... just depends on what watch.

#11 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Some RSNs like STO are not in choice. You have to get choice xtra to get them. Most team owned RSNs require Xtra.

#12 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hi, if you have the entertainment package and you subscribe to the multisport package will you then get your local RSN, or will it still be blacked out since you only have the entertainment package?

Just a quick question, Why would you Pay $54.99 + $12.99 = $67.98
When you can Pay $65.99 for Choice , That comes with your local RSN's

Just wondering :)

#13 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

The only way to do something right is to go all the way. I have nhlci mlbei and fox soccer. When I ordered soccer I asked for the Spanish package and was given to me for free and all I can do there is watch soccer I can't speak Spanish but I know ggggoooooaaaaallll.

#14 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I won't I am hoping to sweet talk them in giving me it free during baseball season. If they say I loose my free HD for going from xtra to entertainment and pay for the sports pack. I will switch to Dish. Suspend my directv for 6 months while I save up to pay for the cancel fee. It would be cheaper that way. This us coming to a head now because I am about to loose my 2 referral credits. That and the price increases I am looking at my bill going up $25. I refuse to pay for TV service that does not include Cleveland Indians games.

#15 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

I won't I am hoping to sweet talk them in giving me it free during baseball season. If they say I loose my free HD for going from xtra to entertainment and pay for the sports pack. I will switch to Dish. Suspend my directv for 6 months while I save up to pay for the cancel fee. It would be cheaper that way. This us coming to a head now because I am about to loose my 2 referral credits. That and the price increases I am looking at my bill going up $25. I refuse to pay for TV service that does not include Cleveland Indians games.

I got mlbei for 149.99 this year a little more than I wanted but 50.00 off is fine by me. Also living in Georgia and being a stl cardinals fan I have to get it.

#16 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

So will the Indians be moving back to Fox Sports Ohio this year or next year given that they are dissolving STO?

#17 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

No one knows. It certainly has an effect on what package you have to have. FSN OH is in choice. You have to have Xtra to get STO

#18 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I would think Indians stay on STO (or whatever they rebrand as) since FSNOhio/Cinci carries the Reds, and FSNOhio/Cinci only manages to carry one thing at a time in HD. Issue when both teams are playing at the same time. Hopefully, STO (or whatever) keeps some of the programming it already carries (Bruce Drennan, MAC sports, etc)

FSNOhio is crap in the first place with all the SD programming that other FSN`s carry in HD. Hoping FSNOhio steps up, not pulls STO down.

#19 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Some RSNs like STO are not in choice. You have to get choice xtra to get them. Most team owned RSNs require Xtra.

actually STO is the only one like that for the "local" market...some extended markets require Xtra or even sports pack but STO is required in Xtra even in Cleveland proper

#20 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

After February 7, the Choice package will be $65.99/mo which will be $11 more than the Entertainment package but will give you ESPN U, ESPN News, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big10... just depends on what watch.

64.99 actually

Current Base Packages New Price
CHOICE™..................................................................................................... $64.99/mo.
XTRA (formerly CHOICE XTRA).................................................................... $70.99/mo.
ULTIMATE (formerly CHOICE ULTIMATE).................................................... $77.99/mo.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...