Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not all DVRs seeing every other DVR.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I am having an issue getting my Genie to see both of the other DVRs in the house which of course prevents the Genie and connected client (2012 Samsung TV) from watching programs not recorded on Genie. I have a Genie in the Theater, a HR24 in the Living Room and a HR21 in the Bedroom. The bedroom DVR sees the theater and living room. The living room sees the theater and bedroom. The theater (genie) only sees the bedroom DVR and not the living room. Why would that be since the other two see all of them?
Any ideas?
I've repeated network setup on all three.

Edited by mdpeterman, 01 February 2013 - 08:06 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Have you reset them all?

#3 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Doing that now. You thing a RBR will do more than resetting network to defaults?

#4 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Doing a RBR on the HR34 fixed it. Weird. Thanks for your help!

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Doing a RBR on the HR34 fixed it. Weird. Thanks for your help!

In the future, perform a menu reset when you can instead of an RBR. Think of a computer and using the power button vs. using the shut down option.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   Guindalf

Guindalf

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

It WILL happen again!

Go into your network settings and give each box its own static IP address. Make it ones that are outside the DHCP range to avoid duplication. You'll find this will make them all available at all times otherwise you'll be doing occasional reboots for the life of the boxes!
There is no dark side of the moon really - as a matter of fact, it's all dark

#7 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

The weird thing is all of my receivers including non-DVRs have static IPs. I have assigned them 192.168.2.31,32,33,34,and 35 for my 5 receivers. This was the first time they weren't showing up and it was just after I had added a Samsung RVU TV to the account. Either way its working now..

#8 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,256 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

In the future, perform a menu reset when you can instead of an RBR. Think of a computer and using the power button vs. using the shut down option.

- Merg

Ever visit the tech forum on D*'s website? So many suggestions about using the RBR instead of doing the reboot properly. Makes you wonder, makes me wonder when I see someone on their site suggest using an RBR to setup an eSATA or to clear Guide Data. I really thought we had gone past that.

Rich

spam firewall