Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C31 clients have issues FF/30 sec skip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Getting really frustrated with this setup. 3 service calls, 3 updates and its still not running as it should.

We have one HR34 and two C31 clients. Both clients have the same issues. Clients are on version 70a. I think there is a 70e out there and I assume its newer since E is "bigger" than A ;)

If I bring up the recorded shows on one of the clients, start watching, then use FF or use 30 second skip, it takes forever (sometimes more than the 30 seconds!) and is very unresponsive. Sometimes it just loses a connection or something and goes back to live TV after a minute or so.

It is at the point where I will watch the commercials just so I know I won't start throwing things at the TV.

If this were a normal LAN then I would chalk it up to network traffic but nothing else goes on these wires except DTV.
SteveH

-- 42" of pure Panasonic plasma paradise!
-- DirecTivo HDVR2 (modified to 144 hrs for the wife)
-- HR20-700 for me
-- Wii + XBOX360 + HR20 all wired to my LAN

#2 OFFLINE   cmalberto

cmalberto

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

What version is your H34 on? 05d is out for that guy. Not sure how the clients get updated - I am still too knew in this game but to say that my clients are at 70e.

#3 OFFLINE   vapor21

vapor21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

What version is your H34 on? 05d is out for that guy. Not sure how the clients get updated - I am still too knew in this game but to say that my clients are at 70e.

The clients get the update from the HR34.

spam firewall