Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is Select (not Select Classic) still available?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

OK I'm confused
I called Directv today to see about cutting down on my bill programming wise. Wanted something lower than Entertainment
So I talk to a CS rep who said I needed to speak to retention....OK
Rep tells me about Select. says its $41.99 and asks what channels I watch. Said A&E and History for sure. She says A&E is available but not History and she offered to send me a e-mail with the channel list. So the list I get is this
http://cdn.directv.c...n-selectchannel
(the link is from the e-mail I got)
Which shows History IS included. I look on the D* site and find this about Select
http://cdn.directv.c...nnel_lineup.pdf
no History or a few others.

So I call back to D* and speak to a very knowledgeable CS rep who mentions there are TWO Select packages. 41.99 for Classic and 44.99 for Select which includes ABC Family, Animal Planet, Food Network, Gospel Music Channel, Hallmark Channel, History, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie, Nick Jr, Pursuit, RFDTV, H2, Bio and GAC. She says they as CS reps can't change me over to it and I'd need to speak to retention but the retention rep did note the account that they offered it (Select for 41.99) to me.

So now....is SELECT (not Classic) available still through retention?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

No. Select is an expired package that went away on February 9, 2012. Select Classic is still available as it was in the past. The only way to add the original Select package is if it was on the account recently and can be reinstated. If someone is still on the Select package, it will increase to 46.99 on February 7. The Select Classic package will increase to 43.99. They still have the option to send an email on the Select package(no idea why) but no information can be sent for the Select Classic package unless a supervisor sends you a personal email.

#3 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

bummer...thanks for the info

Protected By... spam firewall...And...