Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

List of HD Channels That I want on Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Chris37

Chris37

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I would like to see the rest of the Cinemax Channels in HD rest of Showtime Channels as well.

And National for me would be

TvLand
Fox Movie Channel
Oxygen Channel
GMC
  • dennispap likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 883 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

DirecTV subscriber here.

I tend to focus on basic-cable programmers' linear high definition.

I would figure, if I was a Dish Network customer, that it's high time Charlie Ergen and company got a new contractual agreement to fulfill carriage of ABC/Disney programming of the screens of ESPN in HD. For the children, the likes of Disney HD, Disney XD HD, and with them Disney Junior HD, should also be made available.

As for the lists of linear HD, Dish Network has DirecTV beat with the likes of The Hub HD and Oprah Winfrey Network HD, from Discovery Communications; We TV HD and Fuse HD, from AMC Networks; RFD-TV HD and Bloomberg Television HD; Style Network HD and TV One HD, as well as G4 (period) in high def, from Comcast/NBC Universal. DirecTV has Dish Network beat with the likes of the national east-coast feed of Ion Television HD; Disney Junior (period) in high def, from ABC/Disney; as well as TV Land HD, from Viacom.

This isn't to compare Dish Network vs. DirecTV. (I realize it may seem that way. But I wasn't going to cite every programmer.) I figure this to be a guide on how to go about anticipating what may come in.

On the DirecTV side, I figure Dish Network's carriage of The Hub HD, to name one, might make a good possibility to get added later in 2013. On the Dish Network side, I would figure that TV Land HD, also to name just one, would be a good bet in what may feasibly come in at some point in 2013.

#23 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Fox Soccer plus in HD would be welcome (and overdue) im fed up paying 15 a month for SD :(

#24 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I dream of a return for MonstersHD and KungFuHD.
  • Reaper likes this
Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#25 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,823 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I want WFN back in HD.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#26 OFFLINE   Blackhawks

Blackhawks

• Registered
  • 13 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

The only provider that I've located carrying the Military Channel in HD is Time Warner Cable. Don't understand why? It is what it is.

• Cablevision of Chicago (Became Continental Cable, MediaOne Cable, TCI & Comcast) Customer: 1983 - 2005 .
  • Ameritech Cellular: 1991 - 1994
  • Cellular One (Changed Name to Cingular & AT&T Mobility) Customer: 1995 - 2010
  • AT&T HSI Customer: 1996 - 2010
  • XM Radio (Now SiriusXM) Customer: 2001 - Present 
  • DISH Network Customer: 2005 - 2012
  • AT&T U-Verse Internet Customer: 2010 - Present
  • Verizon Wireless Customer: 2010 - Present
  • DirecTV Customer: 2012 - Present  

#27 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

My wife would like to see 9394 (KBS World) in HD. The 4:3 LBX picture on the current SD feed must have an HD source somewhere. I know that Dish carries the HD and SD feeds for TV Japan.

• azjimbo likes this

#28 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

I would like to see the rest of the Cinemax Channels in HD rest of Showtime Channels as well.

And National for me would be

TvLand
Fox Movie Channel
Oxygen Channel
GMC

Chris37, I have submitted a channel request to have Cinemax and Showtime packages in HD on your behalf!

#29 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well ...
Let's do this in groups, start with the missing channels that are currently in SD:

409-438 (or 412-01 412-42 on the Hopper) ... all the RSNs in 24/7 HD

141 ESPN U
142 ESPNews
172 Disney EAST
174 Disney XD
180 ABC Family

304 HBO 2 (West)
312 More Max
322 Showtime Extreme
323 Showtime Beyond
328 The Movie Channel Xtra (East)
333 Flix
343 Encore Action
353 Starz! Cinema
355 Starz! InBlack
358 Sundance

Perhaps add a few more that the other DBS carries (DISH has in SD):
106 TV Land
216 ION East
398 FUEL TV

Then fill in "the rest":
117 TV Guide Network
133 Fox Movie Channel
210 CSPAN
211 CSPAN 2
216 ION
286 NASA
345 Encore Drama
396 Outdoor Channel
... and everything else that has an actual HD feed that can be carried. :)

The reality of it is that DISH does not have the space to give us all of that now ... and I do not know when they will have enough space to do half of the channels listed above, let alone all of them.

The RSNs would not be impossible as the "part time" channels already consume 24 channel slots ... add a few more channels to cover the alt channels and we could have 24/7 RSNs. At least of the RSNs we have now in 24/7 SD. But RSNs are expensive (especially in satellite space) and some of the other channels on the list might be more popular than the RSNs.

Well ...
Let's do this in groups, start with the missing channels that are currently in SD:

409-438 (or 412-01 412-42 on the Hopper) ... all the RSNs in 24/7 HD

141 ESPN U
142 ESPNews
172 Disney EAST
174 Disney XD
180 ABC Family

304 HBO 2 (West)
312 More Max
322 Showtime Extreme
323 Showtime Beyond
328 The Movie Channel Xtra (East)
333 Flix
343 Encore Action
353 Starz! Cinema
355 Starz! InBlack
358 Sundance

Perhaps add a few more that the other DBS carries (DISH has in SD):
106 TV Land
216 ION East
398 FUEL TV

Then fill in "the rest":
117 TV Guide Network
133 Fox Movie Channel
210 CSPAN
211 CSPAN 2
216 ION
286 NASA
345 Encore Drama
396 Outdoor Channel
... and everything else that has an actual HD feed that can be carried. :)

The reality of it is that DISH does not have the space to give us all of that now ... and I do not know when they will have enough space to do half of the channels listed above, let alone all of them.

The RSNs would not be impossible as the "part time" channels already consume 24 channel slots ... add a few more channels to cover the alt channels and we could have 24/7 RSNs. At least of the RSNs we have now in 24/7 SD. But RSNs are expensive (especially in satellite space) and some of the other channels on the list might be more popular than the RSNs.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#30 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

DirecTV subscriber here.

I tend to focus on basic-cable programmers' linear high definition.

I would figure, if I was a Dish Network customer, that it's high time Charlie Ergen and company got a new contractual agreement to fulfill carriage of ABC/Disney programming of the screens of ESPN in HD. For the children, the likes of Disney HD, Disney XD HD, and with them Disney Junior HD, should also be made available.

As for the lists of linear HD, Dish Network has DirecTV beat with the likes of The Hub HD and Oprah Winfrey Network HD, from Discovery Communications; We TV HD and Fuse HD, from AMC Networks; RFD-TV HD and Bloomberg Television HD; Style Network HD and TV One HD, as well as G4 (period) in high def, from Comcast/NBC Universal. DirecTV has Dish Network beat with the likes of the national east-coast feed of Ion Television HD; Disney Junior (period) in high def, from ABC/Disney; as well as TV Land HD, from Viacom.

This isn't to compare Dish Network vs. DirecTV. (I realize it may seem that way. But I wasn't going to cite every programmer.) I figure this to be a guide on how to go about anticipating what may come in.

On the DirecTV side, I figure Dish Network's carriage of The Hub HD, to name one, might make a good possibility to get added later in 2013. On the Dish Network side, I would figure that TV Land HD, also to name just one, would be a good bet in what may feasibly come in at some point in 2013.

Why isn't Starz! Cinema isn't in HD?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#31 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

As far as I know Dish doesn't have TV ONE SD or HD.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#32 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'd like to see MOMAX HD.

#33 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'd like many of the  same

ESPN U
 ESPNews
 Disney EAST
 Disney XD
 ABC Family

Fox Movie

Outdoor

TVLand

Smithsonian

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#34 OFFLINE   renegade

renegade

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

I would still like to have Suprstations in HD.  I've said it before.  Heck, I'd settle for them in widescreen SD!

:engel10:

Edited by renegade, 11 May 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc: 61.5/72.7/77 with 119 wing dish
3 - ViP 211k/1TB external drive
Solo 508 DVR - Let's Pay More Fees! <-retired
Solo 301E <-retired

subscriber since 2/2000
AT200/Superstations/East-West distant nets
HD for Life since 3/2011
OTA antennas pointed at two markets: 32 channels
dedicated to getting Superstations in HD on Dish Network

#35 OFFLINE   bonipie

bonipie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm sad to see that no one wants Fuel TV in HD.  Direct has it-has for years.  Several times, when I call and talk to Dish, (everytime I have called-are they just trying to get me off the phone?) they tell me that they are working on it and will have it in '2 months'-never happened.  We are avid followers of Supercross and Motocross motorcycle racing.  The Motocross is on Fuel TV.  Not only is it SD, it is very bad SD.  There is something extremely degrading the broadcast.  These riders have numbers one foot+ high on their backs.  We can't read the numbers.  Is that bad or what?  If you can't read the numbers, you can't even follow the racing.  Thanks, Boni

:D Boni

VIP722
Dish 1000

#36 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,665 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm sad to see that no one wants Fuel TV in HD.  Direct has it-has for years.  Several times, when I call and talk to Dish, (everytime I have called-are they just trying to get me off the phone?) they tell me that they are working on it and will have it in '2 months'-never happened.  We are avid followers of Supercross and Motocross motorcycle racing.  The Motocross is on Fuel TV.  Not only is it SD, it is very bad SD.  There is something extremely degrading the broadcast.  These riders have numbers one foot+ high on their backs.  We can't read the numbers.  Is that bad or what?  If you can't read the numbers, you can't even follow the racing.  Thanks, Boni

The "two months" is off ... the normal statement is "I will submit your request for this channel". In some cases the channel comes (cases where adding the channel was already in the works?). In other cases there is no joy - one might as well request NFL Sunday Ticket and get the same positive "I will submit your request for this channel" response.

As for Fuel TV there is a good chance that it will not exist in its current format by the end of the year. Speed TV is becoming Fox Sports 1 on August 17th. Fuel will likely becoming Fox Sports 2 - similar to ESPN and ESPN2's setup. While I am the type of viewer who wants every channel in HD I do not expect to see Fuel until the format issue settles.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#37 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

I do not believe that's true,every HD subscriber I believe wants all SD channels to be offered in HD when available I know I do and I hardly ever watch Fuel TV.The only suggestions I have is to make sure your DISH satellite antenna is aligned correctly for the best signal and to make sure your equipment is the newer DISH receivers because the newer receivers have the latest and best video chips installed.DISH cannot tell the providers what type of signal to provide and some providers are sending a 4:3 signal that if you have your HD setting to 1080i and change the format of the picture by using the * button on the remote control looks fairly decent when the signal is upconverted to 1080i,others do not.Unfortunately DISH has more basic HD channels,where DirecTV has more Sports Channels in HD,that just the way it's always been and that's one reason DISH can be a little cheaper on their programming packages.Good Luck!

#38 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I would still like to have Suprstations in HD.  I've said it before.  Heck, I'd settle for them in widescreen SD!

:engel10:

Use the * format button on your DISH remote control to change a 4:3 SD picture to different 16:9 widescreen formats.Remember to have your HD settings set to 16:9 widescreen.Good Luck! 

Edited by Jhon69, 21 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

I am a sucker for HD, and I will be switching back to Dish from Comcast once our agreement expires in September.  So I have to throw a list in for myself.  Dish Network really does have one of the most appealing HD line-ups of all the providers (at least in my area), and so there aren't too many "must-haves" left for me.

Must-Haves

Documentary Channel HD

FearNet HD (much better than Chiller IMO)

Fox Sports 2 HD (Fuel HD)

FX Movie Channel HD

Military History Channel HD

Smithsonian Channel HD

Nice-to-Haves

BBC World News HD

eScapes TV HD

Fight Now TV HD

Military Channel HD

Russia Today America HD

Soundtrack Channel HD (If they ever launch)

Wealth TV HD

Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#40 OFFLINE   RichP74

RichP74

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Considering the premium prices we pay for premium channels, it seems a bit of a ripoff we are only getting standard def version of some channels, especially HBO which is going for a hot $18/mo.  

Also, the lack of Disney HD is beyond bizarre.  

Selfishly, I'd like VH1 Classic in HD.  Big fan of That Metal Show.  

spam firewall