Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1st skip back doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerryEl

JerryEl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I have one Hopper and three Joeys, Joey #3 I've never used because it's in a spare BR for infrequent guests.

When watching a program live and the first time I push "Skip Back" it does skip back but then 2 seconds later it goes back to live without touching anything. Sometimes it even does it if I push twice. Works okay if I use the "Back" button instead as long as I go back about 2-3 minutes or so. Once I get get back 5+ minutes or so from live action, skip back (one push) seems to work okay. This happens on the Joey #1 in my office and also in the bedroom Joey #2.

I realize you can't skip back further than the number of minutes that you've watched a particular channel but that is not the issue. It doesn't matter if I've been watching the same channel live all day. It has been doing this since they were installed and I though it would go away after an upgrade but it hasn't. I've had this system for abut 6 months now.

I rarely use the Hopper connected TV as it's an older projector TV and not really HD so I haven't tested it using that TV Projector. The Hopper, Office Joey #1, and BR #2 are all in the same room. The office Joey #2 in separate ends of the room about 30' apart and the BR #2 Joey is next to the Hopper and fed with a powered HTML cable to a ceiling mounted TV.

I had both a 922 and a 612 before and never had problems of any kind with them and kind of regret my decision to "upgrade" since I miss the local tuner in the 922 which means I have no way to DVR local over the air now.

Should I ask for a service call or is this just a bug in this new invention?
I have tried unplugging the units (all of them) and let them reset but it didn't change anything.

Edited by JerryEl, 03 February 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Jerry in NW FL

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

I would let dish know about it, it sounds like a bug.

#3 OFFLINE   JerryEl

JerryEl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. It is really irritating as sometimes while multi-tasking I miss some audio and want to go back and listen to the last 5-10 seconds and bingo, it goes back to live right away. I hate calling as they always want you to through all types of things like unplugging, resetting, asking what's that light doing, and on and on. I'm an old codger and can't see well plus it difficult to pull equipment out and try to get to the back of it without pullin half the plugs out. Maybe I'll try the live chat instead.
Jerry in NW FL

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. It is really irritating as sometimes while multi-tasking I miss some audio and want to go back and listen to the last 5-10 seconds and bingo, it goes back to live right away. I hate calling as they always want you to through all types of things like unplugging, resetting, asking what's that light doing, and on and on. I'm an old codger and can't see well plus it difficult to pull equipment out and try to get to the back of it without pullin half the plugs out. Maybe I'll try the live chat instead.

Ill pass it along. I know they are currently investigating this and working to fix it. You aren't the only one with this issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...