Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My "package" changed on my bill without my doing. Confused.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Of course keeping your contact information up to date with D* would help too.

Not referencing this thread, but I love those who complain about not receiving updated information when they fail to give their provider new contact information whenever it changes.

Now referencing this thread, you may want to call D* and make sure they have the correct contact number and email address for you.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Uh, no, ALL customers were NOT notified. I wasn't. As usual, customers are always "in the dark" with what DirecTV is up to unless they faithfully follow the goings-on by visiting DBSTALK.COM. :mad:

All customers were notified. Check your bill from Sept, Oct, or November. Or you may have been communicated to in email (check your spam folder). Etc. All customers that had that package situation were notified.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#43 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Plus HD DVR is the same as CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC with HD and DVR. No difference in pricing or content.

Not correct. While the content is the same, the pricing is not. The Plus HD DVR package is cheaper than Choice Xtra Classic with DVR service added on. Especially now as DVR went up from 8.00 to 10.00. Used to be like 3 dollars cheaper now it is 5 as DVR pricing increased.

#44 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

996911, you didn't used to play a trumpet in HS, did you?
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#45 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Not correct. While the content is the same, the pricing is not. The Plus HD DVR package is cheaper than Choice Xtra Classic with DVR service added on. Especially now as DVR went up from 8.00 to 10.00. Used to be like 3 dollars cheaper now it is 5 as DVR pricing increased.

No, volatility, you are incorrect here. PLUS DVR USED to give you a buck off the separate price of Choice Extra Classic and the DVR fee but that little discount went away with the 2012 price increase a year ago.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#46 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Exactly the same price actually.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...