Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rangers Bolts on 774-1 did not record

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Or maybe it did but it would not play back. I recorded it on both my HR-24's and went to watch this morning and neither recording would play on either of the tv's connected to the receiver, nor did they play if I tried to watch a recording via whole home dvr..... What's worse is I double checked the recording just after the game started to make sure I was recording the correct feed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

What exactly happens when you try to play it back?

#3 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

What exactly happens when you try to play it back?

Well if I watch the game on the tv connected t the box which recorded the game I get a black screen, if I try to watch it on via whole home dvr, that is in my family room but watching the recording made on the hr 24 in my bedroom, I get "playback failed, no video packets received.

#4 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

That symptom happened to me once years ago (2008 I think) when we first got HD DVR's from DirecTV. As I recall, the problem was not uncommon at the time, but software updates have since cured it (at least in 99.9% of cases). Sorry it happened to you this time.

#5 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

That symptom happened to me once years ago (2008 I think) when we first got HD DVR's from DirecTV. As I recall, the problem was not uncommon at the time, but software updates have since cured it (at least in 99.9% of cases). Sorry it happened to you this time.

Yes, I had the same problem repeatedly in the early days of HR 20's, more recently it has removed scheduled recordings in place more than a day before the game day, but that seems to be an issue when they, in some fashion, reset the guide every night. I am doing a test recording to night so that if the problem recurs I can have a work around in place tomorrow.

spam firewall