Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2013-14

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Is DirectTV showing Willow TV in HD now? In addition, does it continue to show commercials between every over?

I know it's not optimal, but the combination of Willow's YouTube Channel and Google's new Chromecast has been very good for me. The picture quality is quite good and it rarely shows commercials between overs.

The huge drawback has been I cannot get it to work on live matches, which is okay many times because of the time difference. I am hoping that Google will update the Chromecast to allow live broadcasts.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Willow has stopped showing Eng domestic cricket = Friends life 20 and ECB 40. Do anyone know why? 

#203 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

What's the difference between these 2 cricket packs - International cricket pack and International Willow pack? Both have only 2 channels - willow and willow hd? Why would anyone go for the 19.99?

Am I missing something?

#204 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Willow has stopped showing Eng domestic cricket = Friends life 20 and ECB 40. Do anyone know why? 

I'm guessing its because they have international matches on (tests from England or Zim-Ind games) every day at the moment. There was a Friends Life T20 being streamed on their website last I logged in there, a few days ago.

#205 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

The site is still advertising England County on the front page; however, the listing of matches is gone from the events page. I believe the FriendsLife T20 has break until Aug 17.

ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1375686293.005448.jpg

#206 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

WillowTV is listing the English T20 matches again on its website. Somerset and Surrey play today at 11:15 EST.

#207 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

The site is still advertising England County on the front page; however, the listing of matches is gone from the events page. I believe the FriendsLife T20 has break until Aug 17.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByDBSTalk1375686293.005448.jpg

As seen on page 1, we only list the televised dates.

#208 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

SatExplorer,

Zee TV launched SkyBoxTv IPTV service in USA, and they carry TEN Cricket. So you can watch LIVE cricket on Ten Cricket in USA as well. I am watching it now while Willow TV stopped Pak/Zim game to show Aus/Eng game.

#209 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

SatExplorer,

Zee TV launched SkyBoxTv IPTV service in USA, and they carry TEN Cricket. So you can watch LIVE cricket on Ten Cricket in USA as well. I am watching it now while Willow TV stopped Pak/Zim game to show Aus/Eng game.

where can i buy SkyBoxTv IPTV  in usa ?

#210 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

where can i buy SkyBoxTv IPTV  in usa ?

call 8663656723

#211 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

call 8663656723

Do you have a link? And what is the price plan? 

Is this the skybox your talking about http://www.skybox.tv/ I don't see Cricket anywhere 

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#212 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Do you have a link? And what is the price plan? 

Is this the skybox your talking about http://www.skybox.tv/ I don't see Cricket anywhere 

it is www.skyboxtv.com, the web site is under construction, you need to call the number I had given.

#213 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

it is www.skyboxtv.com, the web site is under construction, you need to call the number I had given.

Thanks

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#214 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

TEN Cricket available on the IPTV. Cool, well see if the channel doesn't fade like many channels had on Dish.

Updates on the broadcast rights as of September 1, 2013

Pakistan Cricket broadcast contract with Taj Entertainment Network (TEN Cricket) has expired in June. PCB has a new chairman Najam Sethi. He wants to give television rights to Independent Media Corporation which owns Geo Super.

Pakistan home series vs South Africa and vs Sri Lanka could be on different networks. The 4 networks in the bidding Taj Entertainment Network, Independent Media Corporation (Geo Super), Pakistan Television and Nimbus.

The fallout from the match fixing in BPL has BCB resetting the broadcast rights. Just like 2012, BCB has again failed to find a broadcaster for their current International home matches.

India may not tour New Zealand in 2014 due to the Asia Cup. Leading to the dismay of the current broadcast rights retained by Nimbus.

#215 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

TEN Cricket available on the IPTV. Cool, well see if the channel doesn't fade like many channels had on Dish.

Pakistan Cricket broadcast contract with Taj Entertainment Network (TEN Cricket) has expired in June. PCB has a new chairman Najam Sethi. He wants to give television rights to Independent Media Corporation which owns Geo Super.

Pakistan home series vs South Africa and vs Sri Lanka could be on different networks. The 4 networks in the bidding Taj Entertainment Network, Independent Media Corporation (Geo Super), Pakistan Television and Nimbus.

The fallout from the match fixing in BPL has BCB resetting the broadcast rights. Just like 2012, BCB has again failed to find a broadcaster for their current International home matches.

India may not tour New Zealand in 2014 due to the Asia Cup. Leading to the dismay of the current broadcast rights retained by Nimbus.

SatExplorer,

So the following games or tours are not going to be shown in USA as I understand from you. Is that right?

- Pakistan home game (actually in UAE)

- Bangladesh home game including BPL

- west indies tour of New Zealand

I don't care about bangladesh, but would like to watch Pakistan home game and WI Vs. NZ

#216 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

SatExplorer,

So the following games or tours are not going to be shown in USA as I understand from you. Is that right?

- Pakistan home game (actually in UAE)

- Bangladesh home game including BPL

- west indies tour of New Zealand

I don't care about bangladesh, but would like to watch Pakistan home game and WI Vs. NZ

ESPN3 still has the rights to Pakistan home games. However, host broadcaster is still yet to be determined.

Today, BCCI has approved a shortned tour to New Zealand starting in January.

Bangladesh Cricket rights comes with BPL. ESPN3 don't want the BPL because of the price BCB is asking.

#217 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

ESPN3 still has the rights to Pakistan home games. However, host broadcaster is still yet to be determined.

Today, BCCI has approved a shortned tour to New Zealand starting in January.

Bangladesh Cricket rights comes with BPL. ESPN3 don't want the BPL because of the price BCB is asking.

India is going to tour New Zealand. Who will cover the tour in USA?

#218 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Actually Ten cricket is kind of useless in USA given that Willow and espn3 are covering all the live games in USA that are on ten cricket. The picture quality of Willow and espn3 are better 

#219 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

The real question with SKYBOX emerging is "Are we going to have ESPN3 cover games that are available through TEN CRICKET?" If TEN CRICKET is available only through their SKY BOX and they dont let ESPN3 cover their games, then we are back to THREE different sources - Willow, ESPN3 (if you are tied to ISP for internet only) and Sky Box...

#220 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

The real question with SKYBOX emerging is "Are we going to have ESPN3 cover games that are available through TEN CRICKET?" If TEN CRICKET is available only through their SKY BOX and they dont let ESPN3 cover their games, then we are back to THREE different sources - Willow, ESPN3 (if you are tied to ISP for internet only) and Sky Box...

Also it is costly. Earlier Willow, ten cricket and neo cricket together cost $19.99. Now $14.99 for willow and another $19.99 for skybox ten cricket. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...