Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2013-14

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Is willow tv showing India vs New zealand cricket series starting Jan 19??

Yes, willow advertising that they are showing only on TV. ESPN3 still hold the internet rights. So it is available both on WillowTV and ESPN3.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#282 OFFLINE   Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Is willow tv showing India vs New zealand cricket series starting Jan 19??

Yes. Seems like ESPN3 will stream online and Willow will telecast on Willow Cricket channel.

http://www.willow.tv...gmt/Default.asp

#283 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

This is great news..ESPN3 ONLY option is not a good option for some of us who are at the mercy of ISP and cable service.

#284 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Willow has only one channel but there are so many overlaps of many games. They should open another TV channel.

#285 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Willow has only one channel but there are so many overlaps of many games. They should open another TV channel.

Yes- there goes the remaining Aus-Eng matches. Only a 2 hour time difference between NZ and Australia.

#286 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Yes- there goes the remaining Aus-Eng matches. Only a 2 hour time difference between NZ and Australia.

thank god, please stop showing them.

#287 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

folks, I was trying to view Aus-Eng ODI via you tube as well as willow app on samsung. The picture quality is not even near to that of satellite tv channel. Do you have the same experience? I am trying to find out if the transmission is like this or my internet connection is not good.

#288 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

It is influenced greatly by your quality of internet connection. My PQ was fine, not quite as good as the tv channel, but I am only able to get OK internet where I am.

#289 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Quick Question: I have Dish and I am getting Willow through them. How you guys are watching these youtube games? Do I need a login? While I am happy they are showing Ind-NZ games, I dont want to miss Aus-Eng games..

#290 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Quick Question: I have Dish and I am getting Willow through them. How you guys are watching these youtube games? Do I need a login? While I am happy they are showing Ind-NZ games, I dont want to miss Aus-Eng games..

when there are overlapping games, like on Saturday night with NZ/India and Aus/Eng, the games not showing on the tv channel are available on the Willow YouTube channel. Just go to the Willow website and click the link to watch live.

#291 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

This is great news..ESPN3 ONLY option is not a good option for some of us who are at the mercy of ISP and cable service.

Hoping this applies to ICC events like upcoming T20 WC also where espn3 streams & willow shows it on their TV channel

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

#292 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I am trying to move from comcast cable internet service to verizon fios internet service. Right now I don't subscribe comcast tv service, but can still watch espn3 on laptop, ipad, iphone, apple tv, xbox etc. Now if I don't subscribe tv service from verizon, just take their internet service will I able to watch espn3 on all the devices I mentioned? Note that I am not talking about watch espn for which you need tv service

#293 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Wrong forum!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#294 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

when there are overlapping games, like on Saturday night with NZ/India and Aus/Eng, the games not showing on the tv channel are available on the Willow YouTube channel. Just go to the Willow website and click the link to watch live.

They let anyone watch the live stream? Surely you need a willow.tv or a youtube/google login that is verified by willow.tv? I pay for the willow online service, so haven't bothered to log out and check this - but it seems strange if this is now the case.

#295 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

It is influenced greatly by your quality of internet connection. My PQ was fine, not quite as good as the tv channel, but I am only able to get OK internet where I am.

I don't have the Willow TV channel from Dish. I've seen streamed Willow HD directly to a Samsung TV with Willow app, and via my iPod touch with a HDMI adapter/cable-to-TV. In each case, the picture is not as good as a HD picture from DirecTV (OK, not an exact comparison), but usually adequate and better than how a SD channel appears on my HDTV. But sometimes the feed will buffer/stutter/skip - I think at times this is due to the demand on the video streaming servers, rather than my own internet connection, as other internet connections continue to work fine.

#296 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

Do anyone know why Ram Slam T20 is not shown by espn3 in USA? They bought rights from Ten cricket.

spam firewall