Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2013-14

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

I got the Dish Cricket Package because I wasn't taking any chances... I notice the programming is almost identical, but not always the same. And on my guide now, 712 and 713 are both called "Willow" -- no more mention of Neo.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,296 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Watching the first IPL game now on Dish's Willow channel. I've gotta say, the SD picture is surprisingly good quality, even when horizontally stretched to fit a 65" plasma. :D

Now that just makes my stomach turn.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#43 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Now that just makes my stomach turn.

Care to explain that? For your information, on some of these Dish channels the SD signal is received in a 4:3 window, horizontally compressed, with black bars on the sides (in the receiver's "Normal" mode). It's only when you stretch it horizontally that the correct original AR can be viewed. I prefer viewing a round ball instead of tall and skinny. None of the picture is being lost or cut off.

Believe me, I'd be much happier if it was transmitted properly to start with, but... we do what we have to do.

#44 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have Netgear NTV300 (Neo TV) device, willow tv support emailed me that Willow/TV app is available on NTV300. But I don't see the Willow TV app on my netgear neo TV, NTV>

#45 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,296 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Care to explain that? For your information, on some of these Dish channels the SD signal is received in a 4:3 window, horizontally compressed, with black bars on the sides (in the receiver's "Normal" mode). It's only when you stretch it horizontally that the correct original AR can be viewed. I prefer viewing a round ball instead of tall and skinny. None of the picture is being lost or cut off.

Believe me, I'd be much happier if it was transmitted properly to start with, but... we do what we have to do.

What I don't care for is any SD signal on a large screen. And stretching of any kind makes it worse, even though going back to the correct ratio is better than not for many.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#46 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Who has the right this year of games in Sri-Lanka? I see nothing is mentioned here who is going to show games from Sri-Lanka in USA? It wad Ten cricket so far.

Just in from the Sunday Times published in Sri Lanka. TEN Cricket will retain the broadcast rights for 7 years. April 1, 2013-March 31, 2020. Other runners up were NEO Prime/Nimbus Commnications and Total Sports Asia.

#47 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Why is Willow Showing Bang VS Zim tour?

#48 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Did Tencricket loss Their tv rights for Zim Cricket?

#49 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

why there are two same willow channels in Dish Network. I pay $19.95 for cricket pack, but instead of three I am virtually getting two channels. They should discontinue one duplicate willow channel and reduce the price or add any other sports channel from India.

#50 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

why there are two same willow channels in Dish Network. I pay $19.95 for cricket pack, but instead of three I am virtually getting two channels. They should discontinue one duplicate willow channel and reduce the price or add any other sports channel from India.

What they have now is actually a good thing. The only rights NEO Cricket had was for games in India which have since been acquired by the STAR group (which in turn makes them available on Willow). As a result, when there are multiple games going on at the same time Willow has only one tv channel to show them. With a secondary channel they can have two matches showing and the viewer can make a choice on which match to watch.

#51 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

What they have now is actually a good thing. The only rights NEO Cricket had was for games in India which have since been acquired by the STAR group (which in turn makes them available on Willow). As a result, when there are multiple games going on at the same time Willow has only one tv channel to show them. With a secondary channel they can have two matches showing and the viewer can make a choice on which match to watch.

But the big question is.... WILL they be that logical? More likely they'll still be showing the same game -- of their choice -- on both channels. :P

Edited by Pagali, 21 April 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#52 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

But the big question is.... WILL they be that logical? More likely they'll still be showing the same game -- of their choice -- on both channels. :P

right...they have shown IPL on both channels by discontinuing Zim-Ban match. So they will not be logical

#53 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Did Tencricket loss Their tv rights for Zim Cricket?

I don't understand this. The ten cricket channel in usa is still advertising zim-ban second test.

#54 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

right...they have shown IPL on both channels by discontinuing Zim-Ban match. So they will not be logical

Well, they do have to figure out how to manage it on the tv providers. Take DISH for example, they have the Mega pack that carries Willow and TEN, they have NEO aka Willow Plus standalone for $14.99 and then they have the Cricket Pack for $19.99. As it stands, they cannot show different matches since subscribers to two of the three combinations (Mega and standalone) have  only one choice. I think in the long term DISH needs to get rid of the standalone $14.99 subscription and have two offerings - Mega Pack with both Willow channels and TEN OR Cricket Pack with both Willow channels and TEN.

#55 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

This is frustrating. Caribbean Super50 Regional final is blacked out on espn 3 in my region (washington DC area)

#56 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Just saw this in DISH NETWORK UPLINK report: (Says just ADDED to satellite, but it usually takes 1-3 days for the channel to be AVAILABLE)

9997(712) - WLLOW [MPEG4 HD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam (NA)

This is great news!!! If Willow will be made available in HD. 

#57 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Now there are two same channels on Dish Network. I think they will keep one channel as SD and convert the other HD. Don't be excited because they will charge more for the HD channel. 

#58 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I can see there are various IPTV box people sell and use. They have all Indian sports channel. Do you think they are legal in USA?

#59 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Super Indian IPTV (http://www.iptv-chin...TV-Channels.pdf) has all the sports channel :

Star Cricket
Star Sports India
Ten Sports
Ten Cricket
Neo Cricket
ESPN India
Geo Super
DD sports
PTV sport

#60 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I can see there are various IPTV box people sell and use. They have all Indian sports channel. Do you think they are legal in USA?

I am pretty sure they are not. Sooner or later they are shutdown

Protected By... spam firewall...And...