Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2013-14

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think after some time, willow cricket channel will also go away. Bye bye cricket from USA

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Today Dish removed Ten Cricket from their lineup. Bye bye Ten cricket. Now only Willow to watch live cricket.

Where did you get this information? There is NO update in their daily uplink reports in satguys site for removal and also dish.com still lists Ten in cricket pack and hindi package.

Edited by negma, 29 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#103 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 535 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

SatExplorer,

There are lot of questions. Who is going to show cricket that was planned to be shown on Ten Cricket? Are willow going to have more than one channel? We are going to miss WI v Ind v Sri ODIs plus many more games.

Now you need to update your page.

TEN Cricket is gone? That caught me by surprise. If it is permantley gone. That means the price of Pakistan and Sri Lanka home games new tv contracts are too expansive. Those costs to increase goes to you the consumers. The possibility of a new channel carriage dispute.

West Indies Cricket may be headed to ESPN3. Zimbabwe Cricket is picked up on Willow Cricket. That leaves a why and when for Pakistan and Sri Lanka Cricket without a broadcaster. You can't have Willow's monopoly machine to run on diesel forever.

#104 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Do anyone know any IPTV (may be illegal) which carry indian sports channel? 

#105 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

TEN Cricket is gone? That caught me by surprise. If it is permantley gone. That means the price of Pakistan and Sri Lanka home games new tv contracts are too expansive. Those costs to increase goes to you the consumers. The possibility of a new channel carriage dispute.

West Indies Cricket may be headed to ESPN3. Zimbabwe Cricket is picked up on Willow Cricket. That leaves a why and when for Pakistan and Sri Lanka Cricket without a broadcaster. You can't have Willow's monopoly machine to run on diesel forever.

yes, the channel is gone permannently. I don't understand, ten cricket is already showing these games in India so why they can;t show in USA?

#106 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Dish Network ICC 

Champions Trophy on PPV

http://www.mydish.co...events/cricket/

icc.jpg
ICC Champions Trophy

Witness the drama unfold as the world's top 8 cricket nations and biggest rivals battle for the ICC Champions Trophy England & Wales 2013. June 6th – 23rd. The ICC Champions Trophy is an elite event for the top 8 nations in the ICC ODI rankings. Countries participating in this year's tournament include: Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the West Indies.

Channel 456

Order ICC Champions Trophy Today for $49.99

Order Now

#107 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just FYI - Dish coverage is SD ONLY.

#108 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Dish Network ICC 

Champions Trophy on PPV

http://www.mydish.co...events/cricket/

icc.jpg
ICC Champions Trophy

Witness the drama unfold as the world's top 8 cricket nations and biggest rivals battle for the ICC Champions Trophy England & Wales 2013. June 6th – 23rd. The ICC Champions Trophy is an elite event for the top 8 nations in the ICC ODI rankings. Countries participating in this year's tournament include: Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the West Indies.

Channel 456

Order ICC Champions Trophy Today for $49.99

Order Now

But ESPN3 is showing this in USA.

Satexplorer,

Does this mean espn3 is not going to do internet coverage?

#109 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Does this mean Ten sports/Ten cricket is not showing this in sub-continent?

#110 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

I spoke to a DISH rep and the only information he had was that "Pakistan home games are not being played so TEN Cricket will no longer be carried". I also asked him if Mega Pack customers will also get Willow TV SD 712 but he did not have any information. If willow is no longer carried by DISH you can always go online. Not so with TEN. That being said, who is going to broadcast the Indian tour of SA late this year? Willow?

#111 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

I spoke to a DISH rep and the only information he had was that "Pakistan home games are not being played so TEN Cricket will no longer be carried". I also asked him if Mega Pack customers will also get Willow TV SD 712 but he did not have any information. If willow is no longer carried by DISH you can always go online. Not so with TEN. That being said, who is going to broadcast the Indian tour of SA late this year? Willow?

what about West Indies and Sri Lanka home games? Willow will broadcast India tour on SA. Do you know if any IPTV box carries TEN?

#112 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 535 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

But ESPN3 is showing this in USA.

Satexplorer,

Does this mean espn3 is not going to do internet coverage?

ESPN3 has all the ICC tournaments til' 2015. However, internet subscribes still don't have access to ESPN3. To deter that Dish PPV steps up and offers the tournament to everyone. If you still have access to ESPN3 there is no need to watch on Dish. If you don't have ESPN3 alternative choice is to either watch on Pay-Per-View or take a trip to the tournament.

Does this mean Ten sports/Ten cricket is not showing this in sub-continent?

TEN Cricket still have those rights in the Subcontinent. Cricket rights including ICC tournaments on TEN Sports only in Pakistan.

Pakistan home games are no longer in Pakistan because of the security situation and political turmoil taking place. Most of the matches are now shifted to the UAE. The price is very hefty to have cricket matches in the Arab countries. Dish rep still may not have clue as to when Pakistan Cricket resumes it's home games. Also the new TV contract price of Pakistan Cricket is too high for carriage in the United States.

Some indication is West Indies cricket could go to ESPN3 as the have rights to Caribbean tournaments and Womens Cricket. Willow has obtained rights to Zimbabwe Cricket. New broadcast rights for Sri Lanka Cricket, that was bought by TEN Cricket, is also too high for coverage in the United States. The South Africa home games are still with Willow Cricket.

#113 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

ESPN3 has all the ICC tournaments til' 2015. However, internet subscribes still don't have access to ESPN3. To deter that Dish PPV steps up and offers the tournament to everyone. If you still have access to ESPN3 there is no need to watch on Dish. If you don't have ESPN3 alternative choice is to either watch on Pay-Per-View or take a trip to the tournament.

TEN Cricket still have those rights in the Subcontinent. Cricket rights including ICC tournaments on TEN Sports only in Pakistan.

Pakistan home games are no longer in Pakistan because of the security situation and political turmoil taking place. Most of the matches are now shifted to the UAE. The price is very hefty to have cricket matches in the Arab countries. Dish rep still may not have clue as to when Pakistan Cricket resumes it's home games. Also the new TV contract price of Pakistan Cricket is too high for carriage in the United States.

Some indication is West Indies cricket could go to ESPN3 as the have rights to Caribbean tournaments and Womens Cricket. Willow has obtained rights to Zimbabwe Cricket. New broadcast rights for Sri Lanka Cricket, that was bought by TEN Cricket, is also too high for coverage in the United States. The South Africa home games are still with Willow Cricket.

So this means people in USA will not be able to watch Pakistan and Sri Lanka home games. Can IPTV like Watchindia, yupp etc can carry ten cricket from india?

#114 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 535 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

So this means people in USA will not be able to watch Pakistan and Sri Lanka home games. Can IPTV like Watchindia, yupp etc can carry ten cricket from india?

On your own risk if you want to watch that on IPTV or get those sneaking surprises from the Willow's prosecution team.

#115 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

On your own risk if you want to watch that on IPTV or get those sneaking surprises from the Willow's prosecution team.

what is the problem if willow does not show and one watches them by other means?

#116 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

so it looks like things are moving backwards in regards to cricket telecast in USA. At one time we had three dedicared channels and cricket from all boards were shown. Now we reduced to one channel and lost 4 cricket board coverage - Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand. 

#117 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

so it looks like things are moving backwards in regards to cricket telecast in USA. At one time we had three dedicared channels and cricket from all boards were shown. Now we reduced to one channel and lost 4 cricket board coverage - Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand. 

But on the plus side, if your cricket board is covered (or the one your team is touring) then we do have an HD channel. I am fortunate that England is my team and the two upcoming Ashes series should be covered.  I can get ESPN 3 so I am covered there too. The HD is a vast improvement over the old PQ.

I am on the cricket pack, are they going to revert us to the Willow Channel only for $5 less?

#118 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

SatExplorer,

I am desparate to get TEN cricket because I like WI, PAK and Sri Lankan talented players (Always I thought more talented than any other countries). Can we lobby to get it back on Dish Network or ask DirecTv to carry it or ask any IPTV provider to carry it? 

When can you get some info about if espn3 will take over WI cricket?

#119 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Dish is providing one channel Willow package at 14.99.

#120 OFFLINE   tonysingh

tonysingh

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

sir what is big flix channel 725 on dish network means big international channel 725. I see only one channel.

second question I see hindi pack has willow cricket and ten cricket do we get our money back from dishnetwork  bc we have cricket pack.

espn3 is giving free icc trophy cricket while dish network choose pay piew for 50 dollars what is point of having willow cricket then.

We get robbed by ipl already bc ipl was fixed. they should give us icc trophy for free on dishnetwork.

#121 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 535 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

sir what is big flix channel 725 on dish network means big international channel 725. I see only one channel.

second question I see hindi pack has willow cricket and ten cricket do we get our money back from dishnetwork  bc we have cricket pack.

espn3 is giving free icc trophy cricket while dish network choose pay piew for 50 dollars what is point of having willow cricket then.

We get robbed by ipl already bc ipl was fixed. they should give us icc trophy for free on dishnetwork.

1. Dish ch 725 BIG Magic and BIG Flix On-Demand Channel is owned by Reliance India.

2. Refunds for that? Ask a Dish rep if you have Cricket Pack. I think you meant credit for dropping the cricket pack?

3. People who don't have ESPN3 can go with Dish PPV to watch ICC Champions Trophy.

4. BCCI was never aware of what was going on. IPL is not part of the ICC.

Anyone remember the slapgate between Harbhajan Singh and Sreesanth? 5 years now, Harbhajan Singh has 1 IPL title and Sreesanth with no IPL title was caught fixing.

#122 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Ten is also going to take over Australian cricket. So we are going to lose Australian board soon. The cricket coverage in USA is going to die soon. Lets wake up and try to get the TEN cricket back either on dish or direc tv or IPTV. 

I have decided to illegaly get that channel through IPTV if someone carry.

Do anyone know who carries this channel?

#123 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

I found 2-3 IPTV providers that carry TenSports or TenCricket indian channel. Are tensports and ten cricket same channel in india?

#124 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

So I assume ten cricket has been removed from Dish world internet service.

#125 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

satexplorer

can i end up going to jail if I watch indian sports channel through IPTV? I am desparate to watch cricket.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...