Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2013-14

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Zimbabwe Cricket is now covered by SuperSport has their flagship, TEN Cricket only lost production rights, still have the rights to show their home games.

Pakistan has toured Scotland there is no TV or Internet stream coverage. Some matches versus ICC associate countries have been shown on Scotland Cricket website. Most matches in Ireland in the past have been televised by Setanta Sports. Most recent teams to visit Ireland 2007 to the present are India, South Africa, England & Australia. There is no indication of Pakistan touring Europe being televised at the moment.

Thanks for noticing!

Satexplorer,

The USA telecast for the following tours are missing in your first page. Please let me know the reason.

i) Sri Lanka tour of Zim - I thought Ten Cricket shows all home games from Zim

ii) West Indies tour of NZ

iii) India tour of NZ

iv) Australia tour of South Africa

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Eng - NZ test is being shown in HD

#83 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Assistance needed...

Currently, I stream dish IPTV and Willow TV on a Roku box. However, I was furious yesterday when Willow interrupted the England-New Zealand test match to go to the IPL match at 10:30. Do either DirecTV or dishTV offer two Willow channels when two matches are being played at the same time?

In addition, I am looking for a satellite company that airs the sky sports introduction, lunchtime interview, and teatime segments as they do on Willow YouTube channel? (Neither Willow TV or dish IPTV air these segments on the Roku. Usually, they revert to IPL highlights.)

Cheers.

Edited by Hackettt, 17 May 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#84 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

With Roku and WILLOW ONLINE subscription, you actually have option to pick the match you watch. Each match shows up in a carousel view and you can pick any match to watch. Dish satellite is same as Dishworld online, live channel streaming and you get what they transmit. Good luck on finding Sky sports pre and post match chats.

#85 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

With Roku and WILLOW ONLINE subscription, you actually have option to pick the match you watch. Each match shows up in a carousel view and you can pick any match to watch. Dish satellite is same as Dishworld online, live channel streaming and you get what they transmit. Good luck on finding Sky sports pre and post match chats.

That's part of the problem I am facing. The Willow ROKU channel pales in comparison to the DishWorld ROKU channel. The DishWorld channel streams at 3.6mb, while the Willow channel looks as if it is 1.5 mb. However, the DishWorld channel switched from the ENG-NZ test match to the IPL at 10:30 EST, which means I missed 3:30 of the test match.

When this occurs and someone is watching it on satellite, do they give the viewer the option of which match to watch?

#86 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Tomorrow there are two IPL games, so no Eng vs. NZ for us.

#87 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Tomorrow there are two IPL games, so no Eng vs. NZ for us.

So no satellite offers the ENG-NZ test match today? What do both DirecTV and DishTV do when there are two simultaneous matches? If they don't give the viewer a chance to choose, I may have to stay with WillowTV online. That's how I am watching the ENG-NZ test match this morning.

Edited by Hackettt, 18 May 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#88 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

So no satellite offers the ENG-NZ test match today? What do both DirecTV and DishTV do when there are two simultaneous matches? If they don't give the viewer a chance to choose, I may have to stay with WillowTV online. That's how I am watching the ENG-NZ test match this morning.

Yes - the Willow online subscription is the only way to be able to have a choice of games to watch when matches clash. For 2-3 years, Willow Channel has simply chosen a higher-priority game to show on the Willow channel on DirecTV/Dish - and if you wanted the other match, you were out of luck. Its only in the last month that Willow acquired NEO USA and now has 2 "channels" on DISH, although it seems they always show the same thing.

I don't have experience with Willow on Roku, but spent a bunch of time streaming it from an iPad/iPod with a HDMI adapter plugged into my TV. The feeds from willow.tv (possibly what you're getting on Roku) were sub-standard, but the online service gives the chance to watch thru the Willow channel on youtube.com. This gave a much higher picture quality that was half-way-between SD and HD picture from the satellite provider.  If you have the willow online subscription, you might want to try the feed from youtube.com/willow before giving up.

• Hackettt likes this

#89 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

At least we only have 4 IPL games left, the next test may get more coverage. Hopefully 712 will remain in HD after the end of the tournament.

#90 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

They are taking down Neo Cricket Channel and will have Tencricket, Willow Cricket and Willow Cricket HD..

• bharath_das likes this

#91 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Pakistan tour of Ireland will be streamed May 23 and 26 2013 at www.youtube.com/cricketirelandtv and www.cricketireland.ie

#92 OFFLINE   Hackettt

Hackettt

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Now, one final question. Do either DishTV or DirecTV require an additional dish to receive the cricket matches?

#93 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

For Dish, you need sattlite 118 to receive the international packages. So, yes you need 1000 plus sattlite to receive both American and international packages on the same dish. If you have only American package, you need additional dish to receive international package. Cricket pack is part international setup.

Edited by bharath_das, 23 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#94 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Finally IPL crap was over. Hope BCCI will close down the IPL.

#95 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

I doubt they'll do that, I just wish Willow would stop giving it precedence over everything else, and the wall to wall replays.

Anyway, a good summer ahead.

#96 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Finally IPL crap was over. Hope BCCI will close down the IPL.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way! I wish - but will never happen. Hopefully it (and its incarnations) wont expand further to fill even more of the year.

#97 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

I thought I was the only one who felt that way! I wish - but will never happen. Hopefully it (and its incarnations) wont expand further to fill even more of the year.

I never liked IPL. I did not watch the final fully. I knew it would be a fixing game.

#98 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Today Dish removed Ten Cricket from their lineup. Bye bye Ten cricket. Now only Willow to watch live cricket.

#99 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Today Dish removed Ten Cricket from their lineup. Bye bye Ten cricket. Now only Willow to watch live cricket.

this is a stupid decision. Now we will be watching 1/2 amount of cricket. No more cricket from WI, SriLanka, Pakistan and Zim

#100 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

SatExplorer,

There are lot of questions. Who is going to show cricket that was planned to be shown on Ten Cricket? Are willow going to have more than one channel? We are going to miss WI v Ind v Sri ODIs plus many more games.

Now you need to update your page.

spam firewall