Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

connection question by want 2 be dish customer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lynnb

lynnb

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hello everyone, I've been stalking your forum for awhile, gathering information and making my decision. Very helpful thank you but alas I had a question so I finally had to sign up as a member. I am moving into a home to rent the room of a guy who is moving out and he is disconnecting the dish service he has in the house in his name. My question is will I have to wait for service or can I get mine hooked up the same day he is moving out and will I have any issues? I have never had any dish service before ever and I know he is off contract and paid up, I asked him.

Edited by lynnb, 03 February 2013 - 09:14 PM.
misspelling

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lynnb

lynnb

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

P.S ..... Sorry for the typos.....phone input sucks. Hope you got the idea.

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

You would need to sign up for your own account, whether you can be setup on the day you move in would be Dish's call. What the previous renter's status is or was would have no bearing on it. The dish itself could be used depending on what service you want as opposed to what the previous renter had, but installer would probably have to bring you a receiver to use due to either 1). The renter owns the receiver and he takes it with him or 2). The receiver is leased which means it would need to go back to Dish, you would not be able to use it.

#4 OFFLINE   lynnb

lynnb

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thank you.... I had planned on starting my own account just was mostly concerned with if we would have to go through some kind of dish limbo and be without tv for awhile? As for the guy leaving he said he was sending everything back so he wasn't responsible for any mixups.

#5 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

The system wont allow the sales agent to set up the account at that same address until the old tenant moves out.
There is a work around that works sometimes, the agent could use by basically tricking the system into thinking the address is an additional apt. room or something (by basically adding in a B, or #2 at the end of the address line). But whether or not the agent would actually give it a try is a toss up as it can get them fired :P

Protected By... spam firewall...And...