Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone Interested in Broadcast Engineering?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TVengineerLA

TVengineerLA

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hey Everyone,

Loooong time lurker here, I'm an engineer in the broadcast industry, and it's always interesting to see people here talking about the kind of thing I do every day.

It got me thinking, since some of the folks around here are so passionate about DBS and broadcast in general, is there anyone who isn't currently in the industry but wants to be a part of it? My firm is looking for some good engineers to join the team and help design broadcast systems for some of the biggest names in the industry. If you're interested, please shoot me a PM! Even if you have no broadcast experience, an engineering degree would be a big plus, especially if you have the passion for broadcast that is prevalent around here.

If this is inappropriate or in the wrong sub-forum, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

Cheers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hey Everyone,

Loooong time lurker here, I'm an engineer in the broadcast industry, and it's always interesting to see people here talking about the kind of thing I do every day.

It got me thinking, since some of the folks around here are so passionate about DBS and broadcast in general, is there anyone who isn't currently in the industry but wants to be a part of it? My firm is looking for some good engineers to join the team and help design broadcast systems for some of the biggest names in the industry. If you're interested, please shoot me a PM! Even if you have no broadcast experience, an engineering degree would be a big plus, especially if you have the passion for broadcast that is prevalent around here.

If this is inappropriate or in the wrong sub-forum, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

Cheers

Howdy and welcome to being a POSTER on DBSTALK! :welcome_s

I always wanted to get into broadcast engineering but fate would have none of it! Back in the days of station engineers that actually fixed things like transmitters and cart machines, I knew a bunch of broadcast engineers and was interested in joining them but those jobs were scarce. So I went into another type of radio engineering fixing transmitters in the paging industry. This was a very rewarding career until radio paging (beepers) faded away. So I went to work for a cellular company until I retired 7 years ago.

I will be curious to see if you get any "takers" here!!

By the way, I've been an amateur radio operator since 1969 which is how I originally became interested in radio engineering...

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

You will have problems with responses by PM since you have just one post here.

Post your site's URL or disguised email ... perhaps job's duties and a description would be helpful too ...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...