Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Uplink Activity for February 2013

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,249 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm in the Chicagoland area and use the EA. I look at message #15 & near the top it lists 4 Chicago channels & says “(HD Hidden)” and also “Available“. But what does hidden & Available mean?

Hidden means that unless it is available to you, you won't see it in the guide. That is a good thing ... you don't need to see South Bend locals "unsubscribed" in your guide, or any of the other 210+ markets that cannot be subscribed to from Chicago. Only the people who subscribe to Chicago locals need to see those channels.

Available typically means someone can subscribe to the channels. It may not be you ... but the channels are available to someone.

And is there a list of which channels are on which satellite?

http://uplink.jameslong.name/ has several lists, including by satellite location.

Last Tuesday we had some rain & snow, and even though the weather cleared up in the evening I had problems receiving a lot of the channels. I received the local HD channels such as CBS & NBC but not most of the "cable" ones such as FX HD or History HD. When I tuned in History HD there was message saying I was being changed to the SD channel & this did come in OK.

Good ... apparently the fall back feature is working.

The local HD channels indicated they were on sat at 61.5.
USA HD and TNT HD where a couple that did come in & were on sat at 72.

Yet when I went to the DVR Menu & looked at information, 77 was Yellow and 72 & 61.5 were Red with an “X”.

If 72 & 61.5 were Red & indicated no signal, how was I able to get all my locals & a few of the “cable” channels?

I'd say your receiver was confused. Your locals are on 61.5 (along with many SD national channels). All the HD national channels are on 72. Not having 72 but having 61.5 would mean you would get locals plus many SD channels.

I’m presuming the small amount of snow that I could see on the dish has melted because everything appears to be working now.

It came and went ... I had to brush the wet sticky stuff off a couple of nights ago because it came at just the right angle to cover my dish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

2 changes seen 2/28/13 at 2:46pm ET (v21)

Uplinks Removed
36703 MTDTA removed from 119° TP 14 (EPG)
36703 MTDTA removed from 72.7° TP 21 (EPG)

8712 Channels

The service did puzzle me - related to EPG, but there wasn't any PID linked to it. :confused:

#63 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,249 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

The service did puzzle me - related to EPG, but there wasn't any PID linked to it. :confused:

It is odd. It is the same channel type as the channels used for "collapsible EPG". I would not expect the channel to actually exist on the transponder.

It certainly didn't last long ... and to have such a high channel be the target for collapsible EPG doesn't make sense. The ones we see in our guide are at 99, 412 and in the 600s for international channels. (36701 and 36702 still exist.)

(Note: Collapsible EPG is a feature on the Hopper/Joey and will not be seen on most receivers.)

#64 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

James Long -

Thank you for the link & all the information.

#65 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,249 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

It looks like DISH's first "Latino Only" HD channel.

A correction: 869 Univision Deportes is listed on the DISH website as being in AT200.

Thanks to everyone who enjoys the data I provide. It took a few years to figure out how to present it. Readers make the work worthwhile.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...