Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problem receiving HD local channels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TruckeeDTVuser

TruckeeDTVuser

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I am having a problem recieving the San Francisco local HD channels with a portable setup near Lake Tahoe (California/Nevada boarder). I can get standard def channels just fine.

According to the transponder list my HD channels are on 103(s). The signal strength for 103(s) is:

1- 8: 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A N/A N/A
9-16: N/A ------------ N/A 0 0
17-24: 96 96 0 0 0 28 0 48
25-32: N/A --------------------- N/A

103(ca) is all in the mid 80's

According to the list transponder 24 is KSTS channel 48, this channel is received OK. however I cannot get the network (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) channels. For example channel 5 (KPIX) is listed on transponder 15 of 103S and I get zero for that transponder. But yet sometimes I can get an intermitant signal. Is the transponder list correct for these channels?

I get good signal strength on all of the other satellites and good HD signals on the movies channels, etc. I have even tried peaking the signals that I do get on 103(s) using the reciever's signal strength meter. I have a SWM dish wiht one feed line.

Any ideas?
Am I too far out of the SF beam pattern?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Am I too far out of the SF beam pattern?

Probably.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   TruckeeDTVuser

TruckeeDTVuser

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Why can I get the high numbered channels but not the low numbered (2-11)?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...