Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help - not getting all transponders on 119

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sjnic

sjnic

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

reactivated receiver. have tweaked dish 500 for 119. good signal for transponders 9, 13, 11, 17, 19. cannot receive transponder no. 6. --any suggestions on what to check? again, the dish has been tweaked (a home was built next door, but i am assuming if it blocked signal i would not be able to receiver other transponders) is that a bad assumption. thanks:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davejacobson

davejacobson

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

not all transponders have signal. are you missing channels?
A good serviceman is not expensive or free. He is priceless

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't get transponder 7 at the same signal level as the rest, but it is there.

Repeat - are you actually missing any channels ?

1 through at least 5 seem to be spotbeams.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   sjnic

sjnic

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

not getting any of the channels on transponder 6, of which there are quite a few. in fact not receiving any channels on transponders lower that 11

#5 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

The problem seems to be limited to the even numbered transponders. Bad cable and/or bad or corroded fittings could be the problem. I would check the cabling and fittings and maybe run a temporary jumper from the dish to the receiver to rule this out.

#6 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

I keep an old 510 at our weekend place and have an old single lnb dish pointed at 119. Last fall it started to drop signal. I cut down a tree that was getting in the way. Now this spring, we were there for the first time this year and it kept cutting out. :-( I was wondering if there is a problem forming on 119, or maybe my lnb is finally getting bad.

I guess I could buy a used lnb somehwere, but is it worth it. We only use this setup like 6 times a year and only for a day or 2 at a time.
- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#7 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Do you have a dish 500 or a dish 300? Is there a Twin LNB or is it a single LNB? Does the LNB have a DP on it. What receiver did you have reactivated?

A guess from the information posted is that you have a dish 300 aimed at only one satellite and it has a LEGACY LNB on it. LEGACY LNBs used voltage switching which could account for your only getting odd channels.

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

not getting any of the channels on transponder 6, of which there are quite a few. in fact not receiving any channels on transponders lower that 11

What channels were you looking to get on the 119 satellite? If you go to channel 160, 110 and 112, what do you get on the screen?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...